PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good workToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Hero Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
You are thinking about it backwards. Which I also did with my Touch Pro haha. When you are in a darker room the screen has no reason to be as bright because it is easier to see. If you are outside in the sun then it is harder to see the screen so it must be brighter. It does get kinda low in low light rooms, I have found that if you make sure you aren't shadowing the phone it will get bright enough to see. Of course I'm usually in class leaned over shadowing it haha.

Cool...i kind of figured i was thinking about it backwards, i just wanted to make sure it wasn't just my device.

thanks
Old 10-19-2009, 10:59 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicToastKatz View Post
Cool...i kind of figured i was thinking about it backwards, i just wanted to make sure it wasn't just my device.

thanks
Haha its all good. I know where you are coming from.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC hero
Carrier: alfa

nmd17 is a n00b

hey am a hero newbee so i have a couple of questions:
1- how can i put a song as a msg ringtone or as an alarm?
2- how can i change the way i send and recieve msgs that is i don want it to be as a thread and compiling all the msgs from the same person together?
3- where can i find free applications for the hero?
4-is there any way arround the bluetooth so that i can send and receive things through bluetooth?
thank you
Old 10-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ObsoleteE is keeping up the good workObsoleteE is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ObsoleteE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmd17 View Post
hey am a hero newbee so i have a couple of questions:
1- how can i put a song as a msg ringtone or as an alarm?
2- how can i change the way i send and recieve msgs that is i don want it to be as a thread and compiling all the msgs from the same person together?
3- where can i find free applications for the hero?
4-is there any way arround the bluetooth so that i can send and receive things through bluetooth?
thank you
Wrong thread, there is an HTC Hero questions thread. Mods, can you please move?
Old 10-24-2009, 10:25 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

cool thing i noticed #1. i never knew how cool voice activated google search would be till i tried it out. i found myself doing random searches just to use the voice feature lol

cool thing i noticed #2. you can make the launcher in list view, press settings when its open and change views

Last edited by MikeElGiga23; 10-24-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just to let everyone know, I tend to use ... to tie my thoughts together. I apologize up front.

I got the Hero yesterday for my wife. Let me just say first off...it is really pretty kick ***. It's fast. Responsive!! And so far, she is really liking it. (I am too)

I really like the Sense interface. I'm not a programmer...I am more of a tweaker. I love swapping rom's on my TP...I am really thinking about picking a Hero up for myself.

Do you guys think that eventually it will be unlocked so we can custom flash?
Old 10-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Osz
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moment!

Osz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Osz

Keep the reviews coming guys. I'm really thinking about getting this... once I get a job.. lol But I played with it in the store and thought it was very comfortable feel. Nice large screen and love the apps available. I was surprised that they have so many available, apparently 10k and 95% of them are free from what I've been told. I just hope I wont miss my keyboard.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch

suzannaski is a n00b

I've had the phone about 24 hrs, and so far so good. The hang-up with my face problem that I had with the Vogue is gone, but I still accidentally hi tthe keys. Salesguy said there was some sensor that detecs when the phone is against your face to stop those problems, but either the sensor didn't take into consideration that skin gets cold in cold weather, or its not working.
It's out of the box configuration is way better than all of the cooking I had done on my vogue.
It is FAST! as long as you have signal, that is. It also buzzes without turning on completely when you get a text.
I was worried about the touchscreen keyboard, because that was always a PIA for me, but the new touch keyboard is bigger, and by rotating the phone to landscape, the keys get even bigger. Again, great for cold weather texting!
The downside is that I have to figure out how to customize. Not to the extent that I needed before, but I am an artist and I like to have my own background, font and clock. I miss the HTCcustomizer. (Anyone know of the Hero/droid equivalent?)

Oh, one other thing- I could only get the usb mount to work with vista, and had to resort to taking out the sd card and putting it in my XP laptop directly to move things from pc to phone. Any thoughts why? I did restart to make sure all was well. Had to download the htc sync from their website because phone-> pc wasn't working.

Last edited by suzannaski; 10-30-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ObsoleteE is keeping up the good workObsoleteE is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ObsoleteE

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaski View Post
I've had the phone about 24 hrs, and so far so good. The hang-up with my face problem that I had with the Vogue is gone, but I still accidentally hi tthe keys. Salesguy said there was some sensor that detecs when the phone is against your face to stop those problems, but either the sensor didn't take into consideration that skin gets cold in cold weather, or its not working.
It's out of the box configuration is way better than all of the cooking I had done on my vogue.
It is FAST! as long as you have signal, that is. It also buzzes without turning on completely when you get a text.
I was worried about the touchscreen keyboard, because that was always a PIA for me, but the new touch keyboard is bigger, and by rotating the phone to landscape, the keys get even bigger. Again, great for cold weather texting!
The downside is that I have to figure out how to customize. Not to the extent that I needed before, but I am an artist and I like to have my own background, font and clock. I miss the HTCcustomizer. (Anyone know of the Hero/droid equivalent?)

Oh, one other thing- I could only get the usb mount to work with vista, and had to resort to taking out the sd card and putting it in my XP laptop directly to move things from pc to phone. Any thoughts why? I did restart to make sure all was well. Had to download the htc sync from their website because phone-> pc wasn't working.
Download HTC sync.
http://www.htc.com/www/support.aspx
Old 10-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch

suzannaski is a n00b

I did. I stated that. But thanks anyway.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Tags
android, hero, htc, sprint, verizon