PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 12:18 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ott
Here is a question for everyone, this has happened multiple times now. At times I will receive a text message and I will click on it, the thread is Bob's thread, but the name at the top of the thread is George. When I send a reply, both Bob and George get the message. This is a problem, especially if my g/f is texting me fun stuff and I reply to her and Bob from work saying "TAKE IT OFF!!!" lol... I am using Handcent SMS, but this was happening with/without it loaded. Anyone?
Load handcent go to settings and separate threads. It did this to me too, u need them to b separate.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor
Re: !Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes! Check here for answers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Additional trick for kb a double space gives you a period and a space. Will keep you from pressing the 12# button like I keep doing!
When I choose a "suggested" word from above the keyboard, is there a way to make it add a space afterwards?

It's annoying to have to select the word, then go back down to hit space.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:16 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchad View Post
When I choose a "suggested" word from above the keyboard, is there a way to make it add a space afterwards?

It's annoying to have to select the word, then go back down to hit space.
Haven't found it but will keep looking.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jman069 is just getting started
Exclamation Re: !Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes! Check here for answers!!

Nice Thread but fyi some of the links on the first post are incorrect such as how to keep the screen on while charging and how to manually update your profile
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

THunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for this thread, just got my Hero today and im freaking loving it!!

Was a little disappointed with the few bugs but thanks to this forum its all fixed.. wasnt that big of a deal anyways since im a techie guy.

I figured I would post this link I found after some searching, I didnt see anything here about setting my own cut up mp3's as ringtones from my memory card.. the below link shows how to setup the folders so the ringtones are seen in the sound settings.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/122196#122196

Hope it helps out someone!

Last edited by THunDA; 10-22-2009 at 09:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:06 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman069 View Post
Nice Thread but fyi some of the links on the first post are incorrect such as how to keep the screen on while charging and how to manually update your profile
Hit thanks, and will say it, thanks. I am trying to fix haha.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:10 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by THunDA View Post
Thanks for this thread, just got my Hero today and im freaking loving it!!

Was a little disappointed with the few bugs but thanks to this forum its all fixed.. wasnt that big of a deal anyways since im a techie guy.

I figured I would post this link I found after some searching, I didnt see anything here about setting my own cut up mp3's as ringtones from my memory card.. the below link shows how to setup the folders so the ringtones are seen in the sound settings.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/122196#122196

Hope it helps out someone!
Added and thanked!
Old 10-23-2009, 06:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC hero
Carrier: alfa

nmd17 is a n00b

hey am a hero newbee so i have a couple of questions:
1- how can i put a song as a msg ringtone or as an alarm?
2- how can i change the way i send and recieve msgs that is i don want it to be as a thread and compiling all the msgs from the same person together?
3- where can i find free applications for the hero?
4-is there any way arround the bluetooth so that i can send and receive things through bluetooth?
thank you

Old 10-23-2009, 02:59 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmd17 View Post
hey am a hero newbee so i have a couple of questions:
1- how can i put a song as a msg ringtone or as an alarm?
2- how can i change the way i send and recieve msgs that is i don want it to be as a thread and compiling all the msgs from the same person together?
3- where can i find free applications for the hero?
4-is there any way arround the bluetooth so that i can send and receive things through bluetooth?
thank you

Been answered. Please only ask in one thread next time.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

nelson8403 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
- Manual profile update, if profile update won't work - Lost the link. If someone knows where it is let me know. I want the OP to get the props.
did you ever find out how to do this? I have this problem with a few of my contacts, everyone else seems to update real time/fine

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero