PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Hero (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   !Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes! Check here for answers!! Updated 3/13/10!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90380)

Red_Cheeks 10-16-2009 05:08 PM

Re: Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocmatic (Post 1240215)
Click on the box where you type...then click menu and then speak

Doesn't work for me... when I press menu I just get options...

Askym 10-16-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badchad (Post 1239983)
Is anyone having issues with POP email?

I have two gmail accounts set up to check via POP. In the settings, they are scheduled to check "Every 15 minutes".

But they don't. If I go into the emails, the sync lists "yesterday". They don't seem to be updating automatically.

why not try the imap setting that way what you do on your cell also gets done if you are using the web based page or outlook? and visa versa. i used to go pop but i have since been using the imap and will never go back to pop.

trentonmac 10-18-2009 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red_Cheeks (Post 1241259)
Doesn't work for me... when I press menu I just get options...

If you download Handcent SMS which is a free program it has a good text to speech program and in general is just better to use than the stock sms.

sumo911 10-18-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToxicToastKatz (Post 1239162)
Don't know if this would be the proper thread to post this in, but here goes:

Does anyone have an issue with the clock widget (the one that shows weather in your current location) showing the wrong time? The phone shows the proper time, the world clock has my home time as correct, however, when I go to update the weather in my current location (currently listed as my hometown, which is correct) it is giving the time 1 hour off. Any solutions to this, or has anyone even seen this?

I had this experience. I think it has something to do with one's particular city not being listed in the location database. The easiest solution would be to add a city near you, and use it as the default city for the clock widget youre interested in.

thacounty 10-19-2009 10:51 AM

To keep screen from turning off while charging go to Settings --> Applications --> Development --> and choose stay awake. This is a big help for Apps like PDANet when you need the screen to stay on for tethering.

thacounty 10-21-2009 10:52 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Additional trick for kb a double space gives you a period and a space. Will keep you from pressing the 12# button like I keep doing!

ToxicToastKatz 10-21-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thacounty (Post 1253051)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Additional trick for kb a double space gives you a period and a space. Will keep you from pressing the 12# button like I keep doing!

that is a HUGE find! thanks man!!

BTW, this KB is one of the most amazing features of this phone. I am sometimes not even CLOSE to what i'm typing and it predicts every word correctly.

thacounty 10-21-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToxicToastKatz
Quote:

Originally Posted by thacounty (Post 1253051)

that is a HUGE find! thanks man!!

BTW, this KB is one of the most amazing features of this phone. I am sometimes not even CLOSE to what i'm typing and it predicts every word correctly.

Haha glad it helped. I reviewed the kb some in my review, I agree. Im faster with this than a physical kb most of the time! It was even better after a calibration.

thacounty 10-22-2009 11:30 AM

-Hard reset,

Power phone down

Hold Home and Back keys at same time

Without releasing Home and Back press the end call button (which is the power button) and release the end call button.

You should still be holding home and back and now a screen will come up asking for an action. Press the trackball to reset or back to cancel.

Press trackball then it will ask you to press menu to reset and it will be factory original!

ott 10-22-2009 12:06 PM

Re: !Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes! Check here for answers!!

Here is a question for everyone, this has happened multiple times now. At times I will receive a text message and I will click on it, the thread is Bob's thread, but the name at the top of the thread is George. When I send a reply, both Bob and George get the message. This is a problem, especially if my g/f is texting me fun stuff and I reply to her and Bob from work saying "TAKE IT OFF!!!" lol... I am using Handcent SMS, but this was happening with/without it loaded. Anyone?