PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hero running fresh 1.1
Carrier: sprint

jimmyeason is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: !Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes! Check here for answers!! Updated 12/6/09

It's not there I'm the one he helped
Old 01-21-2010, 11:23 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Hey Thacounty, you may want to update your thread. I was helping someone with flashing the recovery img and using the guide over at XDA. Heroc 1.5.2 has totally different menus and there is no longer an option for Part sd: fat32+ext2+swap. There was a new option that said move apps+davlic cache to sd. I did that option cause I was curious and when i rebooted, BAM! A crap ton of force closes. I reflashed Fresh and all went back to normal but it was really weird. Just curious how to make sure at this point since that option isnt there anymore, what is supposed to be used? Thanks.
Let me elaborate a little as I don't quite know what happened, this is only speculation.

You are trying to use A2SD2 with heroc 1.5.2. If you repartition your card it will delete everything on the card, including if you had apps2sd2 on there before.

That probably caused force closes. In heroc 1.5.2 you have to partition sd, then press home, then choose the size you want to make each.

Make swap ZERO, I can't elaborate this enough, you DO NOT want a swap file. It won't help you at all!! I use Swap Zero, Ext2 800 or so MB, and the other 15GB for FAT32.

Then you have to upgrade the Ext2 to Ext3 for Fresh 1.1.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:24 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyeason View Post
It's not there I'm the one he helped
Bradart is right, and so are you. My post is a little old. I will update with the sizes they need to be when I get a chance.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:13 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Let me elaborate a little as I don't quite know what happened, this is only speculation.

You are trying to use A2SD2 with heroc 1.5.2. If you repartition your card it will delete everything on the card, including if you had apps2sd2 on there before.

That probably caused force closes. In heroc 1.5.2 you have to partition sd, then press home, then choose the size you want to make each.

Make swap ZERO, I can't elaborate this enough, you DO NOT want a swap file. It won't help you at all!! I use Swap Zero, Ext2 800 or so MB, and the other 15GB for FAT32.

Then you have to upgrade the Ext2 to Ext3 for Fresh 1.1.
Thanks for the update. I didnt actually repartition my card, or so i think. There was an option on Heroc 1.5.2 that said "apps+davlic-cache to sd". Since I didnt see the old option "Part SD: fat32+ext2+swap", I assumed that this was the new option. Well after doing that, that is when i got the force closes. Now, i just reflashed fresh and it fixed everything but I was just confused on what was the correct way to make sure that everything was set up for the Apps2sd.

Now just so this is understood, here is what the steps should look like:
1:Flash rom that has Apps2sd included
2:Copy everything from the memory card to a safe place on your computer
3:Partition the card, Swap 0, Ext2 800mb, Fat32 the remaining space
4:Reboot
5:Transfer all files from computer back to SD card

This sound about right?

EDIT2: I need to read better. You specifically stated that you select partition sd, then home key, and then it gives you the partition options. My mistake.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!

Last edited by KBZL; 01-22-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hero running fresh 1.1

jimmyeason is a n00b

I tried. This it didn't work any ideas
Old 01-22-2010, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond

151jcolon is keeping up the good work151jcolon is keeping up the good work151jcolon is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Thanks for the update. I didnt actually repartition my card, or so i think. There was an option on Heroc 1.5.2 that said "apps+davlic-cache to sd". Since I didnt see the old option "Part SD: fat32+ext2+swap", I assumed that this was the new option. Well after doing that, that is when i got the force closes. Now, i just reflashed fresh and it fixed everything but I was just confused on what was the correct way to make sure that everything was set up for the Apps2sd.

This sound about right?

EDIT2: I need to read better. You specifically stated that you select partition sd, then home key, and then it gives you the partition options. My mistake.
i need help too
Old 01-22-2010, 08:25 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

OK. I did forget to partition ext2 to ext3. Jimmyeason tried it and still no go. Thacounty mentions apps2sd2 which is over at xda. I guess im gonna have to try that.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:11 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

Quote:

This sound about right?

That's correct.

Its all good, we all overlook stuff haha.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:13 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyeason View Post
I tried. This it didn't work any ideas
Where are you stuck. What have you done? How did you test to see if it worked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 151jcolon View Post
i need help too
Ok, on what stage?

Quote:
OK. I did forget to partition ext2 to ext3. Jimmyeason tried it and still no go. Thacounty mentions apps2sd2 which is over at xda. I guess im gonna have to try that.
A2SD2 is on all custom roms that I know of. It is the same as apps2sd2, just factory. It seems to work better as a factory option instead of an installed option.

Edit: Only Fresh 1.1 needs Ext2 to be Ext3
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:07 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Where are you stuck. What have you done? How did you test to see if it worked?

Ok, on what stage?

A2SD2 is on all custom roms that I know of. It is the same as apps2sd2, just factory. It seems to work better as a factory option instead of an installed option.

Edit: Only Fresh 1.1 needs Ext2 to be Ext3
Ok, see if you can confirm this for me. I think things are being installed to the sd storage just fine. My question is, how come the internal storage drops slowly as i install apps? I did a test, i installed 5 apps totalling approx 20 mb, the internal storage drop 3mb. So obviously it appears the core of the app is being installed to the hidden partition but what is causing the internal to drop? My guess was settings and the icon? Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero