PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

AaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to AaronP220
Re: !Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes! Check here for answers!! Updated 11/15/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz0098 View Post
Anyone know how to increase the maximum volume and vibration on the hero? I think that HTC has the default max for both functions far too low. When I use my alarm or if the phone rings, it is just not as loud as I'd like it to go.
I've found volume hacks for the G1 but not for the Hero. HELP!

Looks one may have been over looked and I'm wondering the same thing. I know in my old WM phones I could use the Audio Lite.cab to increase the volume. New to the Droid stuff but it's WAY better the WM.

Thanks,
Aaron

Last edited by AaronP220; 01-04-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Harveystyles is keeping up the good workHarveystyles is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Harveystyles
Re: !Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes! Check here for answers!! Updated 12/6/09

I've had my Hero since the day it hit the stores, played with it relentlessly, tweaking settings, trying out widgets etc. etc. Got bored with it about 2 weeks ago. Only complaint was the lag, especially in the landscape keyboard. It was so laggy, you had to wait about 1.5 seconds in between button presses for it to keep up. Started reading up on rooting and flashing roms (as a previous Touch Pro, and current Vogue owner-running android, I have a little bit of knowledge flashing, just not of Android). Got it rooted 2 nights ago, then flashed Fresh 1.0. Last night, after 2 tries and 1 Nandroid restore, I got my SD card partitioned, and Apps2sd2 up and running, and I must say, I'm thoroughly impressed at the improvement. There is now almost no lag what so ever on my phone (with the exception of running a crap load of apps in background). Even in landscape keyboard, it lags a little at first load up, but after that, it sails like a dream. I can type a fully loaded text message with proper punctuation and everything, and it MIGHT lag once. Right now, I'm like McDonalds - I'm Luvin' It!
Fresh 1.1 Rom
Old 01-06-2010, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

farhaat2007 is just getting started

Hi, just bought this phone yesterday and noticed I cant play any youtube videos in the youtube app. Any fixes for it?
Old 01-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

gangmobb is keeping up the good workgangmobb is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhaat2007 View Post
Hi, just bought this phone yesterday and noticed I cant play any youtube videos in the youtube app. Any fixes for it?
I kinda had the same problem I fpund that when I don't have a Ev connection YouTube would say it cannot play, also just turning the phone on and off sometimes helped but I would just say go to the app market and try an find a video app :/
Old 01-07-2010, 12:38 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
Looks one may have been over looked and I'm wondering the same thing. I know in my old WM phones I could use the Audio Lite.cab to increase the volume. New to the Droid stuff but it's WAY better the WM.

Thanks,
Aaron
I didn't answer this because it has been answered in another thread. Looks like a lot of work. We aren't even sure it will work. If it does work for you, post your findings for us.

From flipz himself
Old 01-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

AaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to AaronP220

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
I didn't answer this because it has been answered in another thread. Looks like a lot of work. We aren't even sure it will work. If it does work for you, post your findings for us.

From flipz himself

Yeah. That does look like a lot of work. I'll live with it. LOL
Old 01-07-2010, 04:31 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
Yeah. That does look like a lot of work. I'll live with it. LOL
I am pretty sure there is a volume hack in the market place. It costs like a 1.50 though.

Oh, its 1.50 in some other currency. Says it doesnt work on all phones but has a website in the description to check compatibility.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 01-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hero
Carrier: sprint

ineepaper is a n00b
Re: Hard Reset

hey i just got my goole hero from sprint and im so lost looking for some tip or anything you have thank
Old 01-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

nicourt is a n00b

Ok finally took the plunge and rooted my phone. Used the method recomended by goku14238 on xda dev (Step by Step Way to root using Flashrec.... All went well did the Nandroid backup used the modaco rom and Voila my voicemail craps out w/ the force recovery message... Any ideas ANYBODY???? Help.....
Old 01-13-2010, 11:33 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicourt View Post
Ok finally took the plunge and rooted my phone. Used the method recomended by goku14238 on xda dev (Step by Step Way to root using Flashrec.... All went well did the Nandroid backup used the modaco rom and Voila my voicemail craps out w/ the force recovery message... Any ideas ANYBODY???? Help.....
I posted a voicemail in another thread. It is called apps2sd. I will look later if you don't find it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero