PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 07:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Volknochi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Can't connect to Wireless N router with security.

So, I've searched for a bit, on here and Google, but not having much luck. My phone has always been good at connecting to WiFi hotspots. However, I am currently visiting a house that has a Wireless N router and using (IIRC) WPA2 security, and it won't connect. BTW, I can't ask for the guy to change his security on the router.

I've checked for any fixes, I'm wondering if the software in the router is conflicting against the phone. My phone does recognize that there is wireless, and every time I try to connect to it, it always comes up as "Disconnected".

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: I have just found this about 5 seconds ago, and want to know if this is true or not:
"EVERYONE WHO HAS A HTC PHONE AND A WIRELESS N ROUTER PLEASE READ;

After spending about 3 hours on the phone with Sprint and HTC we have found the answer. HTC is not currently compatible with any Wireless-N routers. If you have a Wireless-N Router, you will need to log in to your router and change your broadcast signal to B only, G only, or B/G Mixed. As soon as I did that my Hero was able to see my wireless router."

Last edited by Volknochi; 01-01-2011 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Found something w/ Sprint's website

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero