PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
POP3 Email App

Hi everyone, is there a way to select multiple emails for "mark as read" or to delete on the default email app for pop accounts. Seems like the gmail email app has checkboxes, however the other does not.

Thanks
Old 11-24-2010, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo

subprime is keeping up the good worksubprime is keeping up the good work
Re: POP3 Email App

Never found a way to mark all as read, but to delete multiple emails, from the inbox, select menu and then delete. This should bring up boxes next to each email so that you can select multiple ones to delete.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero CDMA

xkevinxpwndu is a n00b

What version of Android? I know Sense has the ability. Not sure about 2.2 though.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work

I have 2.1 and also seems like the emails would stay on my device even though I have opened the emails from my PC via outlook which takes them off the server, so I should remove the emails from my device. At least that what it did on my HTC Touch Pro 2. Any adivice on how to manage that?
Old 11-30-2010, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkevinxpwndu View Post
What version of Android? I know Sense has the ability. Not sure about 2.2 though.
Any idea where this option is? It doesn't seem to exist on the phone and every search I tried came back with no solution (for mark all as read). Its not on 2.1 or 2.2.

Quote:
I have 2.1 and also seems like the emails would stay on my device even though I have opened the emails from my PC via outlook which takes them off the server, so I should remove the emails from my device. At least that what it did on my HTC Touch Pro 2. Any adivice on how to manage that?
Confused on what you are asking. If you have outlook set to take the email off of the server, they will never reach the phone. On the phone, I am not sure if you can pull them off of the server completely but you can set it to delete them off the server when you delete them off of the phone.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I guess what Im trying to say is with my windows phone, if I would open my outlook from my PC and get the emails from my pop server it would pull them off the server, so my phone afterwards would have zero emails since I just pulled them off the server via outlook. Will with my Hero, I can pull the email from outlook and they are still there on my phone too. So currenly I have todays mail and yesturdays mail on my phone and dont know why yesturdays emails are still there since I pulled them off the server from outlook on my pc.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok, I understand now. Yesterdays would still be on the phone if outlook pulled them off of the server after the phone already got them. Thats the only thing I can think of that makes sense.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero