PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 02:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
Question Okay, I have to ask...is there any way to...

...record both ends of a conversation on the Hero?

I've done some searching, but all the apps are crap, and do not work AT ALL. The reason I ask here is because I wasn't sure if there was a way to do it by rooting the phone or something like that.

This is important. My gf is in the most bizarre custody battle EVER. Her mother basically lies to EVERYONE about her. We always catch her up on the phone, and if we could record, thi would all be over for good.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:10 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip
Re: Okay, I have to ask...is there any way to...

I'm not sure about this whole what is good for recording calls applications but.. If I'm right about one thing though you can't just record the call without letting her know at the start of the call or else it is against the law.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:39 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
I'm not sure about this whole what is good for recording calls applications but.. If I'm right about one thing though you can't just record the call without letting her know at the start of the call or else it is against the law.
Big discussion on that here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...s-working.html

Apparently in most States only 1 "party" has to be notified that the call is being recorded. And that "party" is YOU, so the other person doesn't have to know.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:34 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Big discussion on that here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...s-working.html

Apparently in most States only 1 "party" has to be notified that the call is being recorded. And that "party" is YOU, so the other person doesn't have to know.
thanks for that here would be the list that requires both party to be notified of recording so OP I'm going to assume you are safe to record

California
Connecticut
Florida
Illinois
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Montana
Nevada
New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
Washington

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero