PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 02:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diam0nd
Carrier: Sprint

iampepito is keeping up the good workiampepito is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HDSC 16gb mirco sd card. Anyone know whats the dealio? I'm very :( because of this.

I bought a topram 16gb class 4 HDSC Micro Sd card and it i've only had it for a a little under a month and one night I had a completely moronic idea to go into recovery and wipe out system and cache, rotation, battery, ext, all of em. When I rebooted I ended up stuck in a boot loop. For the life of my phone I wasn't able to get out of this loop so I ended up trying anything I could including popping the sd card in the pc to see what was going on there since I ultilize apps2sd. I then wanted to start clean, so I was trying to format my sd card and I was attempting to accomplish this through windows, I would open my computer and then right click on the mounted drive and click format, no such luck, I get an error. I tried deleting the files from the sd by selecting and choosing delete, it would initially work, however then I would pop the card back in the phone/computer and the files would still be there, as if I had never deleted them.

Whats strange, the files appear to be working, atleast the pictures and movies, music; they all work when opened on a computer, they'll play as they're expected to.

I've tried various options, low level formats, paragon partition manager; I tried to delete each partition, swap,ext,fat32 to have unformatted space however, no such luck. The processes would succeed only to all still be there once I put back in a phone or computer.

The ways i'm accessing the hdsc card is with a USB card reader which was provided with the card, as well as through the phone by mounting the sd card and plugged in with a usb cable. I'm truely stumped and very uphappy about this. I really don't understand whats going on, usually I can conquer stubborn task such as this, this time it seems to be getting the best of me. Anyone have some insight on my situation? Thank you, -B
Old 07-02-2010, 12:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Hero
Carrier: Sprint

tkirton is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HDSC 16gb mirco sd card. Anyone know whats the dealio? I'm very :( because of thi

Are you sure you are looking at the SD card and not the /data partition?

Have you tried repartitioning the SD card via Recovery to 0mb swap, 0mb ext and the rest Fat32? Once you boot again, let it boot all the way, then go back into recovery and reset your partitions up again.

If your phone is still boot looping, do the following in an adb shell while the phone is trying to boot:

Type (followed by Enter):
cd /data
/system/xbin/busybox rm -f app
/system/xbin/busybox rm -f app-private
/system/xbin/busybox rm -f dalvik-cache
/system/xbin/busybox mkdir app
/system/xbin/busybox chmod 777 app
/system/xbin/busybox mkdir app-private
/system/xbin/busybox chmod 777 app-private
/system/xbin/busybox mkdir dalvik-cache
/system/xbin/busybox chmod 777 dalvik-cache
reboot

Hopefully, with any luck, that will fix the boot loop. The dalvik-cache will have to rebuild...that could take up to 15 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampepito View Post
I bought a topram 16gb class 4 HDSC Micro Sd card and it i've only had it for a a little under a month and one night I had a completely moronic idea to go into recovery and wipe out system and cache, rotation, battery, ext, all of em. When I rebooted I ended up stuck in a boot loop. For the life of my phone I wasn't able to get out of this loop so I ended up trying anything I could including popping the sd card in the pc to see what was going on there since I ultilize apps2sd. I then wanted to start clean, so I was trying to format my sd card and I was attempting to accomplish this through windows, I would open my computer and then right click on the mounted drive and click format, no such luck, I get an error. I tried deleting the files from the sd by selecting and choosing delete, it would initially work, however then I would pop the card back in the phone/computer and the files would still be there, as if I had never deleted them.

Whats strange, the files appear to be working, atleast the pictures and movies, music; they all work when opened on a computer, they'll play as they're expected to.

I've tried various options, low level formats, paragon partition manager; I tried to delete each partition, swap,ext,fat32 to have unformatted space however, no such luck. The processes would succeed only to all still be there once I put back in a phone or computer.

The ways i'm accessing the hdsc card is with a USB card reader which was provided with the card, as well as through the phone by mounting the sd card and plugged in with a usb cable. I'm truely stumped and very uphappy about this. I really don't understand whats going on, usually I can conquer stubborn task such as this, this time it seems to be getting the best of me. Anyone have some insight on my situation? Thank you, -B

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero