PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 10:03 AM
kj5200

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
need help going from fresh 1.1 to toast v2.1

I posted in the upgrades section but I don't think it gets many visitors right now.

How do i go from Fresh 1.1 to Toast v2.1?

Flashing directly over fresh 1.1 did not work either. Any ideas why or how I should go from fresh 1.1 to the new toast? Am I missing something? Thanks
Old 06-20-2010, 10:04 PM
kj5200

Re: need help going from fresh 1.1 to toast v2.1

Anybody? Do I need to upgrade phone to official Sprint 2.1 before flashing Toast 2.1 or should it work with wiping phone and wiping sd ext then flashing Toast?
Old 06-20-2010, 10:06 PM
kj5200

Am I missing a step with ext2 or ext4 or something like that?
Old 06-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

You have to wipe data, dalvik, and ext. then flash the new rom.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:24 PM
kj5200

I did not wipe the davlik, I will try this tonight after work. Do you think that would cause the problem?

Also, I saw a link somewhere but I cannot find it now. Do you remember right off where to find the link to add apps back that have been removed from this rom, for example the Sprint Navigation?

Thanks for your help Brad, I appreciate the response.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Re: Re: need help going from fresh 1.1 to toast v2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj5200 View Post
I did not wipe the davlik, I will try this tonight after work. Do you think that would cause the problem?

Also, I saw a link somewhere but I cannot find it now. Do you remember right off where to find the link to add apps back that have been removed from this rom, for example the Sprint Navigation?

Thanks for your help Brad, I appreciate the response.
If you go to HTTP://geekfor.me everything you need is there and it's a lot easier if you use the search. Not saying that in a douchey way, its just that that site is almost unnavigable without searching.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Wiping data wipes dalvik. Dalvik is on data.

Create backup. Wipe data, wipe EXT if you're using Apps2SD. Flash new ROM. Done.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:33 PM
kj5200

I've tried again with mixed results. I wiped davlik this time in addition to the other two wipes I had tried previously. At first I thought it was all good. I rebooted and eventually saw the dancing android logo and after being there for awhile i saw the lock screen and that is when I thought I was good. It went from the lock screen back to black screen and the HTC logo and stuck there. I have restored several times and wiped and flashed and have made no progress. I can't even get back to the dancing android. The phone keeps locking at HTC screen. Any idea what could be wrong? I dont get it, i have read everything and I know what i'm doing because I had my phone working with Fresh 1.1, I dont understand why this just wont work.

Any ideas?
Old 06-21-2010, 09:06 PM
kj5200

my phone is version 1.56, does that matter? Do I need to update the base first then flash the new rom or should I be able to wipe and flash? I'm pretty sure the update from 1.56 to 2.1 is included in the ROM but since this isnt working there must be something i'm missing. From what I've read it should be as simple as Wipe data/factory reset, Wipe Dalvik-Cache, Wipe SD:ext partition, Flash zip from sdcard, select Fresh-Toast......Reboot....Done.... But its not working and it should.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:21 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj5200 View Post
my phone is version 1.56, does that matter? Do I need to update the base first then flash the new rom or should I be able to wipe and flash? I'm pretty sure the update from 1.56 to 2.1 is included in the ROM but since this isnt working there must be something i'm missing. From what I've read it should be as simple as Wipe data/factory reset, Wipe Dalvik-Cache, Wipe SD:ext partition, Flash zip from sdcard, select Fresh-Toast......Reboot....Done.... But its not working and it should.
1.56 is not your rom version. That is the kernel version. Your hero came stock with Android 1.5. Now, you say that you are currently running Fresh 1.1. From what I have read, you appear to be root and have the recovery image on your phone but just to confirm, you are able to get into the recovery screen by holding the home key and power button while booting the phone right?

I am not trying to be a d*ck here but I need some more info before moving into more details. Also, you do not need to flash the stock 2.1 nor Toast in order to flash Fresh 2.1.

EDIT: Also, how long are you waiting for the phone to boot after you flash 2.1? It can take up to 10 min sometimes on first boot.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!

Last edited by KBZL; 06-22-2010 at 09:27 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero