PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

williamdox is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen lock problem

I have a lock sceen problem. For some reason my lock screen will stop at some point in the day and the phone will stay unlocked. The only way I know it fix it is to restart the phone. Is there a program or bug or something that is making this happen? Please help!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:32 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Screen lock problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamdox View Post
I have a lock sceen problem. For some reason my lock screen will stop at some point in the day and the phone will stay unlocked. The only way I know it fix it is to restart the phone. Is there a program or bug or something that is making this happen? Please help!
It is possible it is a program. It will be hard to narrow down if you have a lot of apps installed. My quick fix, hook your phone up to your computer as a disk drive and save all your pics, music, wallpapers or anything you dont want deleted and hard reset your phone. I know this sound generic but its the easiest way to fix, start over.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 06-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

williamdox is a n00b

I just got my Hero the first of June and only have a few aps.
Google maps
Star wars light saber (just fun)
Compass
Syncmypix
Google sky map
Epocrates
Layar
Astro file manager
Wikidroid
Flashlight
live scores
Advanced task killer
ALoqa
Place directory
Jewels
ShopSavvy

Are there any I should get rid of or that can prevent my screen from locking?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:25 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

TBH, I know majority of those and used them myself. There are a few I dont know so I dont know if they are the culprit or not. These are the ones I dont know, you could try uninstalling them and see what happens. If everything goes fine for a day or so, add them on 2 at a time until it happens again. Should help narrow it down.

Star wars light saber (just fun)
Compass
Syncmypix
Epocrates
Wikidroid
Flashlight
Advanced task killer
ALoqa
Place directory

Do me a favor before uninstalling all of those, just uninstall the advanced task killer and then see what happens. Android OS has its own built in task manager so a task killer isnt necessary and in some cases can close programs that are essential for some things to work properly.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

williamdox is a n00b

I uninstalled
Advanced task killer
ALoqa

I'll see what happens I'll keep you informed thanks for your timely help!
Old 06-07-2010, 04:56 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamdox View Post
I uninstalled
Advanced task killer
ALoqa

I'll see what happens I'll keep you informed thanks for your timely help!
No problem.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero