PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 03:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WiFi tethering speed on Hero

This is compared to my Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2 but I used my Hero for WiFi for the first time the other day. It's whatever WiFi tether for root app that comes with Fresh ROM.

I can peak around 100kb/s download (actual DL speed) which is what the TP/TP2 could do but more often than not it will go down to below 50kb/s and stay there/slowly creep to a crawl. TP/TP2 would run full speed all day long. Downloading on the phone runs fast (ie, when I save the latest fresh roms to my phone).

Is this just the way the Hero is, is it the app or is something up??

Last edited by awenthol; 05-25-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s
Re: WiFi tethering speed on Hero

Idk, I never was able to get that crap workin. I've tried every version of that wifi tethering app and nothing happens (and yes I'm rooted)
My Epic 4G Battery Reviews
Beware of some 32GB MicroSD Cards
Old 05-25-2010, 03:17 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just so I am understanding correctly, they make a wifi tether for the TP2?? Not wired tether, a physical wifi hotspot.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 05-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBZL View Post
Just so I am understanding correctly, they make a wifi tether for the TP2?? Not wired tether, a physical wifi hotspot.
Ummm...yeah, since it's been out. It's the same one they were using on the Touch Pro.

In fact, I don't think I ever managed to get USB tethering to actually work with my TP2, so I always had to do WiFi.

Last edited by awenthol; 05-25-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: sprint

*king* is becoming a great contributor

wifirouter was out in the mogul days
Old 05-26-2010, 09:03 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well ok then. I had no idea. Sucks I never had this with the Diamond. Would have been a cool thing to show off back then.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:16 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Download the wifi tethering app 1.6 pre-2 I think. Open it with astro file manager and choose appmanager. Uninstall, not install. Then reset. Now re open and install.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Download the wifi tethering app 1.6 pre-2 I think. Open it with astro file manager and choose appmanager. Uninstall, not install. Then reset. Now re open and install.
Won't get around to it tonight but I'll look into this...thanks!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel

ryuaced is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by *king* View Post
wifirouter was out in the mogul days

I love this guy,
Quote of the day haha
What was the one before the mogul called, it was a big gray block with a huge hump that was i guess an hump antenna that also held the stylus.. that was my 2nd phone ever, I remember playing super mario bros on that thing. The good ol' days haha
Old 05-31-2010, 11:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sacker is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuaced View Post
I love this guy,
Quote of the day haha
What was the one before the mogul called, it was a big gray block with a huge hump that was i guess an hump antenna that also held the stylus.. that was my 2nd phone ever, I remember playing super mario bros on that thing. The good ol' days haha
That was the apache if I recall.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero