PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 10:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint 10 years now

protoadies is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i rooted but im stuck now

I rooted my wifes hero, and installed the leaked version of sprints rom the last one right before the official version,

i now want to try freshes rom. I must be doing something wrong though. I formated the sd card, and put freshes rom on the chip not in a sub folder or anything, i also tried putting in a folder, i tried to rename update, etc... when i restart phone and hold power and volume down. it takes me to a screen where i press the home button a few seconds later a picture with android pops up with a yeild sign, warning sign not sure what its called. and it freezes it doesn't say anything at all. I have to take battery out and load it like normal. What am i doing wrong.???

on a side note i tried useing freshes kitchen to make a custom rom and it starts out great then when i try to flash same thing i get an error and can nolonger proceed any ideas?

I'm not a total noob i flashed 1000's of times on all my various windows phones. ive watched many how to videos to flash hero phone, hell ive done it once already with sprints unoffical version. but i just can flash to something else
Old 05-24-2010, 11:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Re: i rooted but im stuck now

You will need to wait for 2.1 to be rooted, before you can load a custom rom again. That was one of the warnings about the sprint releases, you would lose your root.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:30 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

protoadies is a n00b

i was told if i used the leaked version i would still have root access, was this not true? I did not use the offical version.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:56 PM
VIP Member

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoadies View Post
i was told if i used the leaked version i would still have root access, was this not true? I did not use the offical version.
The RUU that was "leaked" just prior to the actual release from Sprint had signed release keys, and did not have root access. If you ran the .exe file, I'm 99% sure you lost your root, and need to wait until the 2.1 release is rooted, to flash custom roms.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:10 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

protoadies is a n00b

ok my fault then i guess i misunderstood, or was misinformed about the leaked version. I guess I'll just have to wait for a reroot. would it make a difference then if i just load the official version from sprint since i already lost the root.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:13 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoadies View Post
ok my fault then i guess i misunderstood, or was misinformed about the leaked version. I guess I'll just have to wait for a reroot. would it make a difference then if i just load the official version from sprint since i already lost the root.
It won't matter. But I think the leak and the official are the same. Meaning the leak was the official. I could be wrong about that, though. Not 100%

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero