PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking confused about flashing roms, SD partitioning, etc..

Ok, so I rooted my HERO, has the Amon Ra 1.5x recovery image on it. I like it. But I'm a bit confused now. When do I need to WIPE my phone? I mean some ROMs require this before flashing and others don't?

Then when partitioning the SD card, upgrading the ext2 to ext3, should I do this?

You see last night I upgraded from Android 1.5 stock to fresh 2.1.1 and a bunch of my apps stopped working, so I restored my nandroid backup and am back at 1.5 until I have a better understanding of what the heck I'm doing. I've been spending a lot of time reading and am still rather unclear on many things.

Any help is humbly appreciated. Such an android noob!

I was in the WINMO scene for about a year and a half ...
Old 05-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: confused about flashing roms, SD partitioning, etc..

Well, I'm still new and uncertain about a lot of this stuff myself, but I can tell you when the apps aren't working and such, it means you need to wipe the device before flashing.

I still don't understand the ext 2 to 3, 3 to 4 stuff myself, but I do just follow the rom cookers directions. For example, Fresh 2.1 requires partitioning of the SD for the apps2sd to work, then you need to upgrade 2 to 3 but leave it at that, nothing with 3 to 4.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: confused about flashing roms, SD partitioning, etc..

Flash recovery V 1.6.2...I don't think these options are available on V1.5x

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero