PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Hero (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Bad news for Hero owners regarding Flash! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112833)

Csquare 03-03-2010 12:38 PM

Bad news for Hero owners regarding Flash!

Well, just found this out this morning... This came from an employee's post on the Adobe forums so take it for what its worth!

"Hi all,
You can expect the final release for Android to be available mid-year. All Android devices that meet our minimum s/w and h/w requirements will be supported. Unfortunately, I cannot say a lot more publicly about our port to the Android platform at this time.
As for WinMo, we have made the tough decision to defer support for that platform until WinMo7. This is due to the fact that WinMo6.5 does not support some of the critical APIs that we need.
As for your other questions:
•Yes, we will support the Motorola Milestone.
•No, the HTC Hero will not be supported b/c it does not have the correct Anroid OS version and it's chipset is not powerful enough. We require a device with an ARM v7 (Cortex) processor. Examples include the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets and TI OMAP3 series.

Best regards,

Antonio"

Guess this means no Justin TV for me...

lilbitz_1018 03-03-2010 12:44 PM

Re: Bad news for Hero owners regarding Flash!

ouuuchhh. Dx

jye75 03-03-2010 12:58 PM

Already posted, but thanks.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112217

Csquare 03-03-2010 01:14 PM

Sorry for the repost Jye.... Didnt see that one.

highwayman1224 03-03-2010 02:34 PM

Hopefully skyfire will hurry up & get something goin for android.

ElAguila 03-03-2010 05:29 PM

The announcement doesn't make sense to me. They know the hero is getting the android update so they shouldn't have even mentioned the android version on it. They are not supporting Winmo until version 7. So how many phones are out there right now that meets their minimum requirements?

fixxxer2012 03-03-2010 06:09 PM

well this is a bunch of BS. after hearing this and now i have to get a replacement hero becuase of a defect that allows dust to collect under the lcd i may just go with another phone, maybe buy a pixi or pre again, probably the pre as it gets flash support.

heydjbobby74 03-04-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Csquare (Post 1603772)
Well, just found this out this morning... This came from an employee's post on the Adobe forums so take it for what its worth!

"Hi all,
You can expect the final release for Android to be available mid-year. All Android devices that meet our minimum s/w and h/w requirements will be supported. Unfortunately, I cannot say a lot more publicly about our port to the Android platform at this time.
As for WinMo, we have made the tough decision to defer support for that platform until WinMo7. This is due to the fact that WinMo6.5 does not support some of the critical APIs that we need.
As for your other questions:
•Yes, we will support the Motorola Milestone.
•No, the HTC Hero will not be supported b/c it does not have the correct Anroid OS version and it's chipset is not powerful enough. We require a device with an ARM v7 (Cortex) processor. Examples include the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets and TI OMAP3 series.

Best regards,

Antonio"

Guess this means no Justin TV for me...

This is exactly why I am waiting for the SUPERSONIC!

jye75 03-04-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElAguila (Post 1604426)
The announcement doesn't make sense to me. They know the hero is getting the android update so they shouldn't have even mentioned the android version on it. They are not supporting Winmo until version 7. So how many phones are out there right now that meets their minimum requirements?

The Hero is getting the Android 2.1 SOFTWARE update, but it still fails to meet the minimum HARDWARE requirements for the Flash release.

imneveral0ne 03-04-2010 10:58 AM

We will have flash...