PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

gangmobb is keeping up the good workgangmobb is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
bluetooth: paired but not connected?

Anyone else having this problem where Bluetooth pairs but doesn't connect? It happens with my diamond and my cars Bluetooth :/ there arent many options in Bluetooth that's why I don't know what to do :/ any help please
Also since it not connected I cant do anything :/ no file transer or anything

Last edited by gangmobb; 01-30-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:26 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: bluetooth: paired but not connected?

Bluetooth on Android only supports Headsets

Edit: found this too.

Connecting a Stereo Bluetooth Headset Free yourself from wires while listening to music. Connect a stereo Bluetooth headset to your phone and start enjoying your favorite songs from your music collection.
  1. Press HOME > MENU, and then tap Settings.
  2. Tap Wireless controls > Bluetooth settings and then select the Bluetooth check box.
  3. Tap Scan for devices. Your phone will start to scan for Bluetooth devices within range and will display all detected devices below the Bluetooth devices section. Make sure that the stereo Bluetooth headset you want to pair with is set to discoverable mode.
  4. Tap the stereo Bluetooth headset in the list to start pairing.
    For some Bluetooth devices, you need to enter a passcode to pair with the Bluetooth device. You can try “0000” as the passcode. If that does not work, consult the Bluetooth device’s documentation
  5. The pairing and connection status will appear below the stereo Bluetooth headset device name in the Bluetooth devices list. When the stereo Bluetooth headset is connected to your phone, the Bluetooth connected icon will appear in the status bar. You can now start using the stereo Bluetooth headset.
Pairing your phone with the Bluetooth headset is a one-time process. Once pairing is created, your phone can recognize the partnership without requiring you to enter a passcode again.
Turning Bluetooth On and Off
When you do not need to use your stereo Bluetooth headset, the quickest way to disconnect the headset is to turn off Bluetooth, if your phone is not connected to other Bluetooth devices. Turning Bluetooth off when not in use saves battery power.
The Bluetooth widget on the Home screen lets you turn Bluetooth on and off at your convenience. Slide your finger left or right across the screen to find the Bluetooth widget, and then tap the widget icon. The next time you need to use your stereo Bluetooth headset again, simply tap the Bluetooth widget to turn Bluetooth back on and automatically connect to your Bluetooth headset.
If you do not find the Bluetooth widget on the Home screen, you can add the widget by following the instructions in Personalizing Your Home Screen: Widgets.
Disconnecting Your Stereo Bluetooth Headset
If, aside from your stereo Bluetooth headset, your phone is also connected to other Bluetooth devices, follow the steps below to disconnect the headset when not in use.
  1. Press HOME > MENU, and then tap Settings.
  2. Tap Wireless controls > Bluetooth settings.
  3. Navigate to the Bluetooth devices section, then press and hold the connected stereo Bluetooth headset.
  4. Tap Disconnect.

Last edited by MoonZ*BabysH; 01-31-2010 at 01:29 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I saw all this in the manual but for some reason I think it should be able to connect to my diamond atleast because it said it can transfer media in manual.. :/ also it PAIRS to both diamond. nd car but doesn't connect so i think its me doing sometging wrong thanks though
Old 01-31-2010, 01:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Anyone else having this problem? Could someone else verify if their phone doesn't connect to a diamond or similar phone pleaee, i will thank you for your help.. any similar problems yu all may have had and a solution?
Old 01-31-2010, 02:36 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

dude your in the HERO section, i just realised you need diamond forum.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66
Old 01-31-2010, 09:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

No my hero won't connect to my diamond to transfer piks or to my car as a Bluetooth :/
Old 09-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jonprial is a n00b

I am now having intermittent problems with a Panasonic home phone system (KX-TH1212) where I pair my HTC Incredible to the base unit so that my mobile calls ring on that system. It had worked fine. I paired it once and as soon as I brought the phone into the house, it would pair. Since Froyo, it would often pair but not connect. I delete the connections on both device and restart and sometimes that makes things good for a while. But it is does seem to occasionally break.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero