PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ObsoleteE is keeping up the good workObsoleteE is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ObsoleteE
Receiving two notifications for every email

Whenever I get an email from sites like this, or any other forum, I get 2 notifications. One shows the envelope in the status bar, and the other shows an @ symbol. How do I correct this?
Old 12-08-2009, 12:54 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: Receiving two notifications for every email

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsoleteE View Post
Whenever I get an email from sites like this, or any other forum, I get 2 notifications. One shows the envelope in the status bar, and the other shows an @ symbol. How do I correct this?
The @ is from Gmail and the envelope is from Mail. You are set up on exchange and you gmail account right? If you are on both you need to disable one, if you are forwarding that is creating the problem. If you are forwarding set up the mail app to not notify, download at longer intervals, or if it is already forwarding then you can just disable that mailbox from mail completely.

If you are not forwarding and you set up gmail for exchange then you can disable gmail from settings.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:14 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
The @ is from Gmail and the envelope is from Mail. You are set up on exchange and you gmail account right? If you are on both you need to disable one, if you are forwarding that is creating the problem. If you are forwarding set up the mail app to not notify, download at longer intervals, or if it is already forwarding then you can just disable that mailbox from mail completely.

If you are not forwarding and you set up gmail for exchange then you can disable gmail from settings.
I'm having trouble deciphering what you just said. Maybe its just the lack of sleep. The word exchange was in there way too many times for me lol

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:20 AM
White Monster > Red Bull

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
I'm having trouble deciphering what you just said. Maybe its just the lack of sleep. The word exchange was in there way too many times for me lol
Haha... Let me clarify...

If he has set up his Gmail account on his phone and an exchange account with his gmail settings, this will happen.

If he is forwarding his email then it will also happen because the mail will be in HTC Mail and Gmail.

Also exchange exchanges the exchanged exchanger and if you don't exchange the Gmail's exchanger then your exchange will be exchanged, but not without a receipt. Easier to understand? Now try to sleep!! Hahahahaha
Old 12-08-2009, 01:41 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Haha... Let me clarify...

If he has set up his Gmail account on his phone and an exchange account with his gmail settings, this will happen.

If he is forwarding his email then it will also happen because the mail will be in HTC Mail and Gmail.

Also exchange exchanges the exchanged exchanger and if you don't exchange the Gmail's exchanger then your exchange will be exchanged, but not without a receipt. Easier to understand? Now try to sleep!! Hahahahaha
Oh i get it! If he exchanges exchange exchanges with the exchange exchanger, then exchanging exchanges will exchange the exchanged exchanger with and exchanger's exchanged exchange! I can't believe i didn't exchangerstand the first time!
Old 12-08-2009, 01:42 AM
White Monster > Red Bull

Quote:
Oh i get it! If he exchanges exchange exchanges with the exchange exchanger, then exchanging exchanges will exchange the exchanged exchanger with and exchanger's exchanged exchange! I can't believe i didn't exchangerstand the first time!
Exactly! Yea, you're just tired!
Old 12-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

ObsoleteE is keeping up the good workObsoleteE is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ObsoleteE

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-08-2009, 10:18 AM
White Monster > Red Bull

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsoleteE
Quote:
Quote:
Hahaha

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero