PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Hero Accessories (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=214)
-   -   ZAGG skin/protector review (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91360)

nebula 10-19-2009 05:27 PM

ZAGG skin/protector review

How do you guys like it? I have mine at my doorstep when I get home from work. Does anyone else already have it? How is it?

omegavtx 10-19-2009 07:39 PM

Re: ZAGG skin/protector review

I have a screen cover coming, and ordered a Gel body protector. I would like to hear some input as well.

themystx2 10-19-2009 07:52 PM

Poor clarity, sticky as heck, and extremely annoying to glide your finger across the screen. Zagg products may be good for non touchscreen phones, but steer clear. You have been warned.

I had one on my HTC Touch Pro and ripped it off for a cheapo screen protector after a few days.

FoxRacR17 10-19-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themystx2 (Post 1246967)
Poor clarity, sticky as heck, and extremely annoying to glide your finger across the screen. Zagg products may be good for non touchscreen phones, but steer clear. You have been warned.

I had one on my HTC Touch Pro and ripped it off for a cheapo screen protector after a few days.

Exactly, not very good for touch screen phones

ToxicToastKatz 10-19-2009 09:01 PM

I am and have always been a very overprotective person when it comes to my possessions. My dad always taught me, "take care of your stuff, and your stuff will take care of you". I have never broken, lost or had stolen a phone. I've always had cases and protection for the screens, dating back to my first little Nokia phone, however, I truly don't see the need for a screen protector. I'm very careful with my phones and never keep it in a pocket with keys, change or anything else that could scratch it. Being that it's made of glass and the coating that it has, it is very easy to clean. I wasn't even going to get a case for it, as I think the case/skin/whatever you want to call it seems to be pretty fingerprint/scratch resistant. The only reason I finally cracked and bought a case for it is because the Sprint store has 2 silicone/gel cases for 20 bucks, and being a Premier customer, you get 25% off that. Two cases for 16 bucks...why the heck not.

The nice thing about them is that they take all of 2 seconds to slip on and off, so if i don't want to use it, it's quite easy to leave at home. I had a Seidio case for my old Touch, and aside from 2 of them cracking and having to be returned, they were a pain in the butt to remove if i wanted to get to the SD card.

just my 2 cents.

nebula 10-19-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoxRacR17 (Post 1247113)
Exactly, not very good for touch screen phones

Here's my review: I spent my money on this garbage product, Worst Ever. I have had many different experiences with different skins protectors. This one wins the WORST EVER award.

Quote:

Originally Posted by themystx2 (Post 1246967)

I agree, Waste of $24.99

I strongly recommend everyone to stay away from this ZAGG garbage.

themystx2 10-19-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToxicToastKatz (Post 1247154)
I am and have always been a very overprotective person when it comes to my possessions. My dad always taught me, "take care of your stuff, and your stuff will take care of you". I have never broken, lost or had stolen a phone. I've always had cases and protection for the screens, dating back to my first little Nokia phone, however, I truly don't see the need for a screen protector. I'm very careful with my phones and never keep it in a pocket with keys, change or anything else that could scratch it. Being that it's made of glass and the coating that it has, it is very easy to clean. I wasn't even going to get a case for it, as I think the case/skin/whatever you want to call it seems to be pretty fingerprint/scratch resistant. The only reason I finally cracked and bought a case for it is because the Sprint store has 2 silicone/gel cases for 20 bucks, and being a Premier customer, you get 25% off that. Two cases for 16 bucks...why the heck not.

The nice thing about them is that they take all of 2 seconds to slip on and off, so if i don't want to use it, it's quite easy to leave at home. I had a Seidio case for my old Touch, and aside from 2 of them cracking and having to be returned, they were a pain in the butt to remove if i wanted to get to the SD card.

just my 2 cents.

I have a hairline scratch on my hero screen already. Lucky for me i am exchanging it for a dead pixel issue.

ToxicToastKatz 10-19-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themystx2 (Post 1247210)
I have a hairline scratch on my hero screen already. Lucky for me i am exchanging it for a dead pixel issue.

ouch! How'd that happen?

themystx2 10-19-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToxicToastKatz (Post 1247257)
ouch! How'd that happen?

A zipper, my keys, maybe some dirt on my thumb, who knows. I'll be getting a screen protector on my replacement device. A regular screen protector serves more than one purpose, it also makes the surface much easier to glide against. I have one on my iPod touch and aside from being able to abuse it and throw it around without any issues (I have a hard case on it), it's easier to glide across the screen.

themystx2 10-19-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToxicToastKatz (Post 1247154)

just my 2 cents.

I can't wait for the Seidio holster comes out for the Sprint Hero. Seidio stuff is expensive but you get what you pay for. I abused the heck out of three Seidio holsters on three different phones and they held up beautifully.