PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > HTC Hero Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 11:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sjh858 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sjh858
Re: ZAGG skin/protector review

Welp, i just tore my screen protector off... the invisible shield sucks. Here is why:

1) The installation was tedious and the pieces do not fit perfectly.
2) My call and end buttons used to be raised, now the invisible shield is flush with them and they aren't as easy to press.
3) There was a scratch like/tiny hair under the screen protector and once it sat (i originally though it was a slight imperfection that would clear up) I could not remove it because it was too tacky and fingerprinted the inside of the protector all up.
4) Screen feels like sliding your hand across rubber. Nice grip for most of the phone, but the screen did not respond the same and acts much different compared to without the protector. This was not the case with the 'temporary' protector I originally put on the phone... which was better than this screen protector.

All in all, me no likey.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor

I have had good experiences with boxwave.

I'll let you know in a few days when it arrives. Just ordered.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystx2 View Post
Poor clarity, sticky as heck, and extremely annoying to glide your finger across the screen. Zagg products may be good for non touchscreen phones, but steer clear. You have been warned.

I had one on my HTC Touch Pro and ripped it off for a cheapo screen protector after a few days.
I totally disagree! I have had Zagg protectors with all my Touch Flo devices, and LOVE them. Yes they have bad clarity at first (especially if you screw up the original mounting on your phone) and yes they are a little sticky at first when you put them on, but it DOES take a couple to a few days for that stickiness to where off. Trust me, you will be glad you have on when your keys rub up against your phone while in your pocket, or some other thing happens that COULD have scratched your phone. Plus, Zagg has a 30 day money back gaurantee! So if you totally hate it, take it off, and return it! They also gaurantee it for the life of your device! I don't know how anyone could think this is a bad product.

peace-br

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

themystx2 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
I totally disagree! I have had Zagg protectors with all my Touch Flo devices, and LOVE them. Yes they have bad clarity at first (especially if you screw up the original mounting on your phone) and yes they are a little sticky at first when you put them on, but it DOES take a couple to a few days for that stickiness to where off. Trust me, you will be glad you have on when your keys rub up against your phone while in your pocket, or some other thing happens that COULD have scratched your phone. Plus, Zagg has a 30 day money back gaurantee! So if you totally hate it, take it off, and return it! They also gaurantee it for the life of your device! I don't know how anyone could think this is a bad product.

peace-br
The cheap $1.99 screen protectors do the same thing and stay smooth to glide on. You can buy 10 screen protectors for the cost of 1 of the ZAGG protectors. Throw in a cheap 5 dollar hard case to boot and you're still way ahead. Just steer clear of ZAGG, the cheap stuff is better for these phones.

Current:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro (I don't even know what ROM I have on there anymore!)
Old 10-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

ElAguila is keeping up the good workElAguila is keeping up the good work

I am not sure how their product is for the hero but the bodyguardz item worked well with my touch pro. Then again it didn't have a tc screen either.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Tuffgong4 is keeping up the good workTuffgong4 is keeping up the good work

Zagg isn't that great to use for touchscreen devices but great for non touch screen.

I switched to bodyguardz for my touch pro and have had no problems whatsoever...
Old 11-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor

Just wanted to bump and update.

I ordered the boxwave screen protector. Damn thing took FOREVER to ship. The invoice said it was ordered on 10/20, received it today, 11/5. They didn't answer any email inquiries but I was at fault too, since I didn't write down the order number for tracking.

Anywho, it was like $14. Advertised as removable and washable. Installation was easy. Absolutely clear as a bell. Only slightly less "smooth" then the glass, but I like it. For some reason, input actually seems a bit better. Added a touch of glare, but meh, besides the slow shipping I'm happy.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Globe

dolldelight is a n00b

Oh dear. I just ordered an Invishield for my Imagio. I am hoping it would conceal the scratch which gives off that rainbow streak effect... Reading all this though, I am now worried I wasted 30$ for it. But until it arrives, I would like to keep my hopes high. I badly want to conceal the scratch and as InviShield demonstrated it could hide scratches (iphone demo video).
Old 01-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Lurker

dasingleton is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post

peace-br
I totally agree. Love the Zagg protectors.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

faldiin is a n00b

I am glad to have a protector but not the Zagg. It has been a bad experience. Just waiting to have my phone replaced and I will get a new type.

Faldiin

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > HTC Hero Accessories