PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > HTC Hero Accessories

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Extended Battery

Has anyone purchased this?

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...t-battery.html

If so:

1. How much more battery life did you get?

2. Did it require a bigger back cover?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Re: Extended Battery

I have never used that battery, but it is the same physical dimensions as the stock battery. No need for a special cover.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

Mugen is crap, get the cheapest battery you can find on ebay and use it as a backup. Check my sig out for the reviews on common android batteries (Note: The Touch Pro 2 uses the same battery as the Hero)

Either get OEM, or get the cheapest 1500mah replica you can, Mugens and Seidio are super ripoffs

OEM 1500mAh: $11.99 http://cgi.ebay.com/New-OEM-HTC-Touc...item3a59366a5d

OEM 1500mAh almost new: $7.28 http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-6175-Touch-P...item20b0fdd45e
My Epic 4G Battery Reviews
Beware of some 32GB MicroSD Cards

Last edited by iviyth0s; 05-17-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
Mugen is crap, get the cheapest battery you can find on ebay and use it as a backup. Check my sig out for the reviews on common android batteries (Note: The Touch Pro 2 uses the same battery as the Hero)

Either get OEM, or get the cheapest 1500mah replica you can, Mugens and Seidio are super ripoffs

OEM 1500mAh: $11.99 http://cgi.ebay.com/New-OEM-HTC-Touc...item3a59366a5d

OEM 1500mAh almost new: $7.28 http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-6175-Touch-P...item20b0fdd45e
I agree completely. Two of the cheap batteries are a fraction of the cost and will last a lot longer than one Mugen. Plus only $12 includes a handy charger.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

i totally disagree.lol my seidio 3500 mAh for me is worth it.. and that mugen 1800 mAh is a nice deal for 30 bucks.. I only use seidio or mugen batts for one reason.. they have never failed me.. those cheapo ebay batts from china.. u never know what your gonna get.. my thought is I have big hands and the bigger batt door and extra weight of the seidio make using the hero a joy now.. and havent dropped it..cause it fits snug in my hand..

I Like not being tied to a charger.. or having to carry spare batts..etc.. oh and i like having the brightness all the way up and leaving the data on etc.. u cant do that with the stock batt and use it for more than a few hours before having to charg..
Old 05-18-2010, 04:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

kinglance82 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
i totally disagree.lol my seidio 3500 mAh for me is worth it.. and that mugen 1800 mAh is a nice deal for 30 bucks.. I only use seidio or mugen batts for one reason.. they have never failed me.. those cheapo ebay batts from china.. u never know what your gonna get.. my thought is I have big hands and the bigger batt door and extra weight of the seidio make using the hero a joy now.. and havent dropped it..cause it fits snug in my hand..

I Like not being tied to a charger.. or having to carry spare batts..etc.. oh and i like having the brightness all the way up and leaving the data on etc.. u cant do that with the stock batt and use it for more than a few hours before having to charg..
I agree My last BB i used a Siedio battery and it was fantastic as well.

I have another set of cheapo china batteries on the way, ask me in two weeks if they work LOL, last time they sent me GSM Hero batteries which do not fit, but for 11 bucks who cares?
Old 05-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Almost a VIP

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ya 11 bucks is cheap and is they work even better.. I just like having my seidio on my hero.. I like some weight to my phone..not to mention I can use my hero nonstop and not have to worry bout anything..
Old 05-18-2010, 05:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Yep...I'll preach on the top of any hill, mountain, mole hill, etc about how much I love the Seidio 3500 mAh battery. I charged up my phone last night (Sunday), but the last time it was on the charger was Thursday night. I'm not a uber-power user, but I use the phone a lot. I have only had less than 2 days of battery life once. I sync 2 gmail accounts, max brightness, etc.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Almost a VIP

Awesome.. yes I try to convert some to the seidio..lol but to many people are worried bout the looks of the phone,lol me function over form..

If U want to have pockets filled with batteries each to his own..lol
Old 05-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

But this thread wasn't about whether the true extendeds are worth it, but the OP wanted to know whether the Mugen 1800 is, and the fact is it is not. $30 for the same battery you'd get OEM for $12 is stupid. Mugen and Seidio aren't much if at all better than the chinese batts. Yes the Seidio 3500's are good, but they aren't truly 3500.

There's no reason for brand loyalty, if there was no name "3500mAh" battery than I'm sure it'd be just as good as your beloved Seidios

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > HTC Hero Accessories