PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > HTC Hero Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s
Re: lol at this extended battery

from what I keep hearing this battery is just as good if not better than the mugen battery (obviously not the behemoth one) and $37 is just sick for what little you're getting over stock (mugen 1800mah). Just because Andida isn't a largely known company over here doesn't mean it's any worse than Mugen.

I'll tell you all how it ends up when I get the battery and after a few charge cycles.
Until then I'm zipping my lips haha
My Epic 4G Battery Reviews
Beware of some 32GB MicroSD Cards
Old 04-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s
Re: lol at this extended battery

*Update and Review*

Well I got it and have done a few charge cycles so it should be at full performance.
It's an odd battery to say the least, still worth the money!

For one thing when it's being stressed, the battery goes down noticeably slower than the stock battery but it lasts about the same throughout the day as the old one. (Unless I've adjusted my usage accordingly).

It seems to charge faster than the stock battery (which doesn't really make sense). I'm happy with it though, I'd give it an 8/10 only because the "25%" increase in storage capacity wasn't across the board but still an awesome battery for $10. If I didn't have a stock battery, I'd pick up one of those $5 1500mah and review them but I'm more than satisfied with this battery and my backup stocker.

Hope this helps anyone looking for a modest battery life improvement at an easy to swallow price (and also no special hunchback of notré dame battery covers needed)

Remember when looking in ebay the keywords necessary to find it are "TP2 2000mah", for the Hero and Touch Pro 2 batteries have an identical battery form factor. The battery is from a company called Andida

Edit: here's some discussion of the 1800mah Mugen vs the 2000mah Andida at XDA too
Sounds like the Mugen is a turd for the most part, sounds like throwing money at something isn't always the answer

Quote:
Hey folks. Pardon my intruding to plug my thread even though it's not even for the Hero but I would advise you to keep your distance from Mugen and instead just stick to the OEMs. If it's a capacity claim and it's being made by Mugen then it's a pretty big exaggeration you're overpaying for. Don't help keep them in business.

I've tested two Mugen 1800s for the Touch Pro2/Rhodium and neither of them clocked in more milliamp hours than the 1500-rated oem. A $5 counterfeit actually tied the second one they sent me. This picture speaks for itself.

Doug
^good read

http://batteryboss.org/ <-- breaks down a large number of android phone batteries
It actually revealed the Andida to be quite bad, though still a FAR better deal than the stupid mugen

Well despite my own review, I'm going to ignore the placebo effect and trust science in making my decision to make the andida the backup battery and my stocker the primary. Those ~$5 1500mahs didn't do too bad though

Last edited by iviyth0s; 04-29-2010 at 12:15 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > HTC Hero Accessories