PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > HTC Hero Accessories

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tour
Carrier: Sprint

nebula is keeping up the good worknebula is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nebula Send a message via MSN to nebula Send a message via Yahoo to nebula
ZAGG skin/protector review

How do you guys like it? I have mine at my doorstep when I get home from work. Does anyone else already have it? How is it?
Old 10-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hero

omegavtx is a n00b
Re: ZAGG skin/protector review

I have a screen cover coming, and ordered a Gel body protector. I would like to hear some input as well.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

themystx2 is just getting started

Poor clarity, sticky as heck, and extremely annoying to glide your finger across the screen. Zagg products may be good for non touchscreen phones, but steer clear. You have been warned.

I had one on my HTC Touch Pro and ripped it off for a cheapo screen protector after a few days.

Current:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro (I don't even know what ROM I have on there anymore!)
Old 10-19-2009, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

FoxRacR17 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystx2 View Post
Poor clarity, sticky as heck, and extremely annoying to glide your finger across the screen. Zagg products may be good for non touchscreen phones, but steer clear. You have been warned.

I had one on my HTC Touch Pro and ripped it off for a cheapo screen protector after a few days.
Exactly, not very good for touch screen phones
Old 10-19-2009, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good workToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good work

I am and have always been a very overprotective person when it comes to my possessions. My dad always taught me, "take care of your stuff, and your stuff will take care of you". I have never broken, lost or had stolen a phone. I've always had cases and protection for the screens, dating back to my first little Nokia phone, however, I truly don't see the need for a screen protector. I'm very careful with my phones and never keep it in a pocket with keys, change or anything else that could scratch it. Being that it's made of glass and the coating that it has, it is very easy to clean. I wasn't even going to get a case for it, as I think the case/skin/whatever you want to call it seems to be pretty fingerprint/scratch resistant. The only reason I finally cracked and bought a case for it is because the Sprint store has 2 silicone/gel cases for 20 bucks, and being a Premier customer, you get 25% off that. Two cases for 16 bucks...why the heck not.

The nice thing about them is that they take all of 2 seconds to slip on and off, so if i don't want to use it, it's quite easy to leave at home. I had a Seidio case for my old Touch, and aside from 2 of them cracking and having to be returned, they were a pain in the butt to remove if i wanted to get to the SD card.

just my 2 cents.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tour
Threadstarter

nebula is keeping up the good worknebula is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to nebula Send a message via MSN to nebula Send a message via Yahoo to nebula

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRacR17 View Post
Exactly, not very good for touch screen phones
Here's my review: I spent my money on this garbage product, Worst Ever. I have had many different experiences with different skins protectors. This one wins the WORST EVER award.

Quote:

I agree, Waste of $24.99

I strongly recommend everyone to stay away from this ZAGG garbage.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicToastKatz View Post
I am and have always been a very overprotective person when it comes to my possessions. My dad always taught me, "take care of your stuff, and your stuff will take care of you". I have never broken, lost or had stolen a phone. I've always had cases and protection for the screens, dating back to my first little Nokia phone, however, I truly don't see the need for a screen protector. I'm very careful with my phones and never keep it in a pocket with keys, change or anything else that could scratch it. Being that it's made of glass and the coating that it has, it is very easy to clean. I wasn't even going to get a case for it, as I think the case/skin/whatever you want to call it seems to be pretty fingerprint/scratch resistant. The only reason I finally cracked and bought a case for it is because the Sprint store has 2 silicone/gel cases for 20 bucks, and being a Premier customer, you get 25% off that. Two cases for 16 bucks...why the heck not.

The nice thing about them is that they take all of 2 seconds to slip on and off, so if i don't want to use it, it's quite easy to leave at home. I had a Seidio case for my old Touch, and aside from 2 of them cracking and having to be returned, they were a pain in the butt to remove if i wanted to get to the SD card.

just my 2 cents.
I have a hairline scratch on my hero screen already. Lucky for me i am exchanging it for a dead pixel issue.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good workToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I have a hairline scratch on my hero screen already. Lucky for me i am exchanging it for a dead pixel issue.
ouch! How'd that happen?
Old 10-19-2009, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
ouch! How'd that happen?
A zipper, my keys, maybe some dirt on my thumb, who knows. I'll be getting a screen protector on my replacement device. A regular screen protector serves more than one purpose, it also makes the surface much easier to glide against. I have one on my iPod touch and aside from being able to abuse it and throw it around without any issues (I have a hard case on it), it's easier to glide across the screen.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:

just my 2 cents.
I can't wait for the Seidio holster comes out for the Sprint Hero. Seidio stuff is expensive but you get what you pay for. I abused the heck out of three Seidio holsters on three different phones and they held up beautifully.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > HTC Hero Accessories