PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Hermes
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Lurker

tqauditor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sounds play as the 8525 resets

Here's maybe a challenge for all:
I've added several apps, the last being ewallet. Then I went in to tweak with some reg edits I found on various sites. The last tweak I did was to take the comm manager icon out of the bottom try. With every tweak I make the edit, backup the registry using PHM, then power off and power back on. After the last reg edit, when I restart, I am enchanted by a chorous of what sounds like every ring tone sounding off over and over again. Couldn't find any info about this issue. I restored a backup and on first reset, the phone came back on normally with no sound. Then after reinstalling two apps and one reg edit from backup date, the sounds came back. The sounds eventually stop so I'm thinking that sounds are firing off as all of the resident programs run on startup...but I am a reg rookie so I have no idea where to go to see...if there's even a fix in the reg.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I don't reset that often now that I've got everything working fine, but when I do it's a real pain.

Thanks
Old 03-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
When you reset the 8525, on restart it plays notifications that are in queue. If I shut the phone off overnight and power it on in the AM, it will play my alarm that was set to an hour before. Sounds like you have some dupliocate notifications on your device. Did you try to delete duplicate notifications with MemMaid?
Old 04-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, XDA 2i, loads inbetween.
Carrier: O2, T-Mobile, EE, Three, Vodafone - used them all

Christopher is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I noticed that when I was bugfixing a problematic app install on my device, if I soft reset while it was 'stuck' sometimes it'd play allllllllllllllll my notifications - past and present - in one go. Was really raucous, but kind of amusing.

After I stopped soft resetting whilst the phone was 'thinking', it's not done it since. WM5 bug more than anything I guess.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Hermes