PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Hermes
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2006, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

fantastic_mr_q is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to fantastic_mr_q Send a message via Yahoo to fantastic_mr_q
We have a Tytn Forum!!

YAY!

Just thought Id say hello and start a thread to see how many TyTn owners we have on here?

Anyone want to say their piece? Introduce themselves to our followers and tell us a Brief bit about yourselves?

THE Q
Old 11-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I just bought the 8525. Will pick it up tonight. If you come back, we can compare the 2 phones. The tytn has a front video camera, the 8525 doesn't; but I'll be running AKU 3.0
Old 11-17-2006, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hannip is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to hannip
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmannyc
I just bought the 8525. Will pick it up tonight. If you come back, we can compare the 2 phones. The tytn has a front video camera, the 8525 doesn't; but I'll be running AKU 3.0
You must be LittlePat. Tell the truth, that 8525 is running AKU 2.3 like most of the other HERMES devices. And you can use the Palm Messaging app to send mms's, you lucky dog!
Old 11-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Retired Staff

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
hahahah you were the first to know how disappointed I was! Yes, I was screwed, I have 2.3.0 I guess whoever posted those specs felt the "2" wasn't important!
Old 11-18-2006, 07:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

fantastic_mr_q is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to fantastic_mr_q Send a message via Yahoo to fantastic_mr_q
Hahahaha!

I must admit I was rather jealous when I read you'll have AKU 3. I looked into it and found it was wrong but it would appear Hannip got here before I did. Good one Hannip!

You got a tytn aint ya Hannip? What particular brand?

LittlePat = How's your new phone coming on? Other than the internal camera what's the difference with the TyTN. Is the internal cam taken off cos you don't have 3G?

The Q
Old 11-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic_mr_q
Hahahaha!

I must asmit I was rather jealous when I read you'll have AKU 3. I looked into it and found it was wrong but it would appear Hannip got here before I did. Good one Hannip!

You got a tytn aint ya Hannip? What particular brand?

LittlePat = How's your new phone coming on? Other than the internal camera what's the difference with the TyTN. Is the internal cam taken off cos you don't have 3G?

The Q
I think hannip just drove through here to make fun of me. I had already told him I was depressed about the AKU issue LOL.

I've been real busy with the holiday coming up, so I haven't had a chance to really USE the phone. But so far so good, I have phonealarm/wetherpanel/pocket plus/slingplayer etc etc installed and so far it seems very stable. I had one issue where the screen alignment popped up, but it hasn't happened since and I think I figured out why. Other than that its awesome, the scroll wheel is a BLESSING without a front keyboard (I'm used to the 700wx). Once 3G is up and running in my neighborhood I will be in heaven. The phone DOES have 3G, I'm not sure why the camera was 86'ed. Had to be a cingular request, because it will promote things like skype, which doesn't bulk up their pockets. Once I dig into the phone I will report back, I like to hard reset after testing different programs and settings.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Hermes