PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC HD7 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=261)
-   -   HD7 Low Volume Issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=136764)

mapaz04 11-10-2010 05:23 PM

HD7 Low Volume Issue

Ok, my friend got an HD7 and it is SICK!!! However, since this thread is already starting out... I guess I will be the first to ask for something for this beautiful device. O:)

I understand it comes equiped with STEREO Speakers however, with NETFLIX or TMOTV, the sound just was not up to our expectations. I have gone to the HTC Hub and downloaded the Sound Enhancer Application which helped some (or maybe its just in my head and it did not help at all.. :banghead: IDK!!! jejeje).

I would like to know if anyone out there has encountered an app that maybe takes advantage of these speakers so this phone can be used to its full potential?

Post your finds if you can be helpful!!! :grin:

darren.wlsn1 11-10-2010 05:34 PM

Re: HD7 Low Volume Issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapaz04 (Post 1992517)
Ok, my friend got an HD7 and it is SICK!!! However, since this thread is already starting out... I guess I will be the first to ask for something for this beautiful device. O:)

I understand it comes equiped with STEREO Speakers however, with NETFLIX or TMOTV, the sound just was not up to our expectations. I have gone to the HTC Hub and downloaded the Sound Enhancer Application which helped some (or maybe its just in my head and it did not help at all.. :banghead: IDK!!! jejeje).

I would like to know if anyone out there has encountered an app that maybe takes advantage of these speakers so this phone can be used to its full potential?

Post your finds if you can be helpful!!! :grin:

Have you downloaded Sound Enhancer app from HTC hub? Download that app and change your sound settings to "Dolby"

mapaz04 11-10-2010 06:10 PM

I have gone to the HTC Hub and downloaded the Sound Enhancer Application which helped some.

But I am still looking a better sound enhancement solution.

lwrdrchvy2 11-11-2010 01:37 AM

I'll poke around while at work tomorrow and see what I can find. I haven't had any reports from customers of sound problems but most buying it are just getting it because its the latest thing, not because they know how to use it.

itster 11-11-2010 08:12 AM

sales are better than iphone and android sales already as per their first launch data

mapaz04 11-11-2010 02:25 PM

I dont find it as an issue with the phone. Just not pleased at the loudness of the speakers... My TouchPro2 seems to have a louder sound than that of the HD7.

I would think that with the Stereo Speakers it would be louder. My wife has the EVO and with basically thesame specs sounds WAY louder than the HD7... At least to me...

I wish I could use my old registry tweaks from WinMo... jejeje. Just a j/k, dont anyone get their panties in a twist over that comment..

thebirdbath 11-16-2010 01:07 PM

I found this thread on google and I'm having the same issue. I downloaded the HTC sound enhancer but that doesn't up the volume. I would have thought that like the iphone that I used to have it would have a setting option to up the volume more than the factory settings.

The volume while listening to media is LOW. Call volume is LOW. System alerts are high and blow you away if you have headphones on so I know the phone has the ability but I can't figure it out. This is disappointing!

I hope this can be fixed with an update.

fixxxer2012 12-09-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itster (Post 1992958)
sales are better than iphone and android sales already as per their first launch data

i seriously doubt that as i heard wp7 isn't selling very well atm.

marcus_cruz 12-13-2010 10:56 PM

Yeah...speakers suck on the hd7. Headphones are good though a little low powered. Bluetooth headphones/headset are nice with it for media use. But the Netflix app doesn't work with the rocketfish set I have.

nrfitchett4 12-16-2010 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcus_cruz (Post 2013006)
Yeah...speakers suck on the hd7. Headphones are good though a little low powered. Bluetooth headphones/headset are nice with it for media use. But the Netflix app doesn't work with the rocketfish set I have.

I don't think any video works through BT headphones at the moment. Hopefully in the update.