PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless
Threadstarter

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo
Re: Stuck On Boot Screen or Random Reboot While Booting (Help!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
You can put it in the refrigerator (no joke) for 20 mins, then try a fast SD flash to at least get an OS on there. It will probably randomly reboot though.

If you're feeling adventurous you can try this:

Solving the thermal problems of HD2 or other snapdragon powered devices - xda-developers
Ohh it's TRYING to load fine as if nothing has been, except the moment it loads it randomly reboots and shuts down again, so Task29 didn't effect anything, cause it's going through the setup screen all over again... After Task29 failed I did a manua hard reset again.

So if I wanted to play with it some more I could do that with it inside a plastic bag, or prolly setting it ontop of an ac vent with the air would do the samething. LoL! Yup got the ac on, it's 61 right now.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

yeah just gotta try to cool it enough to try a flash again.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

Quote:
yeah just gotta try to cool it enough to try a flash again.
Well it failed with an update once already for me, the whole time it was charging it was hotter than normal phones charging and it's working now...

So if it's not broke (FULLY) don't fix it. LoL

I already know and nailed down the problem and know the solution, so no real need to try and fix it any further until I get whats needed to fix it. And know it's not NAND issue if they got it to successfully take WinMo again when I brought it and it wouldn't do anything at all due to a failed sd card update.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well the phone has been on since friday with a full charge and me occasionally picking it up and messing with it and no crashes...

I might just go ahead and activate it on t-mobile as is and compromise with it's defects.

I already know the quick cure, freezer or ac air vent, but it hasn't gotten hot and overheated any yet.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:34 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
Well the phone has been on since friday with a full charge and me occasionally picking it up and messing with it and no crashes...

I might just go ahead and activate it on t-mobile as is and compromise with it's defects.

I already know the quick cure, freezer or ac air vent, but it hasn't gotten hot and overheated any yet.
Well you can throw a SIM card in there and see how it runs. The reboots and stuff will get annoying though.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Well you can throw a SIM card in there and see how it runs. The reboots and stuff will get annoying though.
I'm wondering if UNDERclocking the CPU with LeoCPUSpeed could make the device stay cooler actually.

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 02-27-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Cool just won a fully functional motherboard for $40.00 bucks shipping included.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Cool just won a fully functional motherboard for $40.00 bucks shipping included.
sweet!

btw I doubt UC would work.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
sweet!

btw I doubt UC would work.
Yea UC hasn't helped... Funny thing is I can be booted up in XDAndroid longer than being booted up in Windows Mobile 6.5 before the phone actually does a forced flash reset. Android sometimes it'll freeze for a few seconds and then go back to normally operating. I'm using BoxmaX Sense 3.5 Runny v6.5 SD, I love it actually, especially dualbooting on my 32Gb C4 card. haha

I wonder however if I force formatted a exFat 64Gb card to Fat32 if it'd pick up in my HTC HD2 on Windows Mobile. It's been proven it works on many Android devices, simply popping the card in waiting for the "Damaged card warning, reformat?" prompt choosing yes and letting it reformat to Fat32.

We'll find out in a month or two, I'm ordering a 64Gb microSDXC for my Dell Streak Mini 5 I'm getting soon. Gunna use it as a portable internet tablet.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Yea UC hasn't helped... Funny thing is I can be booted up in XDAndroid longer than being booted up in Windows Mobile 6.5 before the phone actually does a forced flash reset. Android sometimes it'll freeze for a few seconds and then go back to normally operating. I'm using BoxmaX Sense 3.5 Runny v6.5 SD, I love it actually, especially dualbooting on my 32Gb C4 card. haha

I wonder however if I force formatted a exFat 64Gb card to Fat32 if it'd pick up in my HTC HD2 on Windows Mobile. It's been proven it works on many Android devices, simply popping the card in waiting for the "Damaged card warning, reformat?" prompt choosing yes and letting it reformat to Fat32.

We'll find out in a month or two, I'm ordering a 64Gb microSDXC for my Dell Streak Mini 5 I'm getting soon. Gunna use it as a portable internet tablet.

Yeah i think you either have to replace the mobo, or ghetto rig a heat-sink.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2