PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 02:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: verizon

infamousstunna is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wifi sharing/router not working anymore...

Hey guys, anybody that uses their phone for tethering, experience any issues with that? Worked great for almost 3 years...until today. Once I connect to my laptop, it doesn't let me do any surfing whatsoever. All I get is a message from Tmobile to upgrade my plan for an extra 14.99 for the tethering option. What happened? It used to be free. Does this have anything to do with the At&t merger? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by infamousstunna; 03-23-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2; HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

gargoyle999 is a n00b
Re: Wifi sharing/router not working anymore...

I just fired up my tethering after reading your post and it still works...for now anyway. Guess once they figured out how to tell if someone was tethering it wouldn't be long before they shut it off.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:19 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

You might want to start WiFi tethering .
Old 03-23-2011, 11:55 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

nothing would have to do with the "purposed" ATT merger... 1st - DOJ has to approve it, this will take time.. 2nd - ATT will have to give up services in some markets(ie VZW had to for Alltel acquisition).. 3rd - ATT will have to pay MILLIONS in "monopoly fees"...

all this has to happened before ATT and TMO can sign the dotted line for the deal... your easily looking at 12months, if approved all the way, before ATT can start imposing things onto TMO customers.....

ATT "wants" to buy TMO.. its not like they wrote a check and its a done deal.... Anti-Trust needs to be looked at.. Monoply has to be taken into consideration.. Sprint is going to get their day in court over this(and any other carrier that jumps on by thjis time)...

Looooooooooooong time to go.....

just use Wifi - or atleast ,make sure the stealth cab is being used if USB Tethering
Old 03-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

infamousstunna is a n00b

Okay I see ^^. I have tried to use a cab that I used before in the past, that I thought was a stealth cab. I also tried the built in"wifi router" from Nrg's gtx 6.5 rom. Both used to work flawlessly. No they both give me the same message from tmobile.

Would you be able to provide a link for a nice stealth cab? Thanks.

Last edited by infamousstunna; 03-23-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

NRG rom seems to work fine with it, ill see if I have a cab anywhere.

also, android wifi tethering still works fine for me.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i use this
Old 03-23-2011, 09:19 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

stealth for USB
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tethering.zip (1.4 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-25-2011, 03:53 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

infamousstunna is a n00b

Okay, thanks guys/gals! I'm going to try this out.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:45 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

infamousstunna is a n00b

Okay! I installed both cabs avove...and my wifi tethering works again!
I'm not sure which one of the cabs made it work again, or if it was the combination of the 2 cabs that made it work though. Because I installed both of them at once.
Thanks again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2