PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jellysweep is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to adhere screen after screen replacement

I have an HTC HD2 which had a cracked screen. I repaired it with a new screen, but I don't know how to adhere the screen to the chassis. What is the proper way to do this (glue? tape?) ?

I tested it, and everything works now...but the screen stands off the chassis too far. It's not sandwiched down enough, so the talk/end etc buttons don't have enough travel to activate the pcb below them.

Can someone give me some advice? Thanks.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH HD
Carrier: STC

daring420 is a n00b
Re: How to adhere screen after screen replacement

Hi
Friends
Today i have dropped my phone - HTC HD (dropped exactly face down), now the screen doesn't show anything, only vertical colored line - no display at all, but works fine as i feel vibration when i ring with other phone. Pls help what to do
Old 02-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve
Re: How to adhere screen after screen replacement

Hello,

Well im not much of a hardware guy so I feel the advise I may offer may be a little limited, but hey if it helps... Any way to the person with the screen replacement try a YouTube search for HTC HD2 hardware or screen replacement (How To) or even check with the HTC web site or even the HTC Tech dept.

If you have a Tmobile HD2 try getting the insurance and or if you already have it, it will cost you $130.00 to get a new device mailed to you and then you can swap/send back your broken one.

Lastly one day without notice their was a hairline crack on my screen around the keys/buttons. I called Tmobile and requested a new phone/exchange using my insurance. I acted like it was a manufacture problem as I did not drop it. The rep said she would send me out a new one but if my screen was cracked, and I was found to be at fault they would have to charge me a fee(something like $250) for filing an incorrect warranty/insurance claim. Rather than arguing with her I told her to send it out. Then I went to my local store and convinced the local manager that it was not my fault, and technically it was not the screen that was cracked but the button layout and regular usage that obviously made it crack.

This seem to happen often with regular wear and tear of current smart phone. The rep agreed and called Tmobile on my behalf, the Tmobile phone rep annotated it to my account and all was well after that.

I got my replacement in the mail and sent back my cracked one. Hope this helps, cover your self as you dont want any unexpected costs to arise.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2