PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T Mobile

TurboMiles is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2 HD2's both have problems

One HD2 will not stay running. It started about 2 weeks ago when it was stock. I hard reset it and it is still problematic. If the phone is off for a while you can turn it on and it will boot into the OS and connect to the internet, everything works at this point. Play around on the phone for a little, could be 10 seconds could be 10 minutes, then it will freeze and hang on that screen until you pull the battery. Once in a while it will turn itself off and reboot. Most of the time when it reboots itself it will not get pass the first screen and sometimes vibrate 5-6 time rapidly then hang on that screen.

The other phone is stable and I have no problems with it other then it will not get on Tmobile's network. The wifi is also a little picky. I have flashed 2.15, 2.14 and 2.12 trying to find a radio that would work. It still will not get on the network.

Both phone have been flashed with energy rom.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:32 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: 2 HD2's both have problems

I would try the battery from the one that works and just can't get on the web in the one that power cycles to determine if you just have a bad battery.

As far as getting on the web, go into settings>connections>connections>manage modem settings and make sure that t-mobile data is selected and shows connection as epc.tmobile.com. If it doesn't, choose edit, type that in as the apn and choose next then finish leaving username, password and the one other field blank.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

flash the stock rom to the problematic phone and see if that fixes anything. any problems after that are likely hardware related.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

did you get this resolved?
Old 12-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

is yours acting up too?
Old 12-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TurboMiles is a n00b

Didn't get it resolved, using an iPhone now, boo.
The one that was turning off is stable if it is not being used. If you do almost anything it freezes. I notices that I only have 72mb total available on the storage area of the device and I get constant reminders that I have little free space left, there is more for program storage. I have flashed this phone with different roms and it still freezes.
The phone that won't get on network is stable doing anything, but it will not get on the network. Flashed different roms and radio with no luck.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:45 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMiles View Post
Didn't get it resolved, using an iPhone now, boo.
The one that was turning off is stable if it is not being used. If you do almost anything it freezes. I notices that I only have 72mb total available on the storage area of the device and I get constant reminders that I have little free space left, there is more for program storage. I have flashed this phone with different roms and it still freezes.
The phone that won't get on network is stable doing anything, but it will not get on the network. Flashed different roms and radio with no luck.

Here's what I recommend.

1) do a task29 (very important)

2) flash the new NRG ROM

3) Flash 2.15.50 radio

for both phones, the one with the random "turn off" make sure the pins in the battery area are not bent or not quite touching the battery or something like that.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TurboMiles is a n00b

down to one phone. kept the one that turns off randomly. maybe you can fill me in on a task29.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:20 AM

Here are 2 things to try.

1) take out the battery and look at the back where the pins come out that connect the phone with the battery. Make sure the pins aren't bent or not touching in some way, and if so, correct it and get full contact when putting the battery back in.

2) "task29" is basically a "blank" ROM that literally erases everything from ROM (or internal storage) but doesn't touch your SD card. It's good to flash between ROM flashes to get rid of anything left over or any corrupt packets, etc... I've attached it to this thread, just flash it like you would a ROM, then flash your favorite ROM over it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Task29 provided by doloop.zip (2.24 MB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TurboMiles is a n00b

wasn't thinking to search for it yesterday when I posted. Later I searched task 29 and found this exact file. Flashed task29, falshed nrg rom and flashed 2.15.50.xx radio. I still have the same problems, but by some miracle I am using the phone now as internet connections to post on this forum. I have been messing around with it and all my problems seem to be heat related. If I let the phone sit all night and charge, then unplug it after charging and let it sit for a while, it will boot perfectly. Playing around on the phone will generate heat and the phone will freeze up on the last screen I was on. If I hit the yellow rest button under the battery cover it will just load the spashscreen and may or may not load the information in red at the bottom. hit reset again and it will probably do it again. put the phone in the fridge for 30 minutes, pull it out and turn it on and it will work perfectly. by some miracle it is still working now and hasn't crashed in 20 minutes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2