PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: Tmobile

zak117 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC HD2 virus?

Okay incase this helps I have no custom roms or anything i Just have SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.x installed. Any new app i download wont open and when i open an app from the traditional start menu it will alot of times say "The File 'GoogleMaps' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file." It doesnt just happen with Google Maps, it happens with most of my applications. They won't work until i do a soft reset and the problem always comes back!

Please help!
Old 07-25-2010, 01:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2; HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

gargoyle999 is a n00b
Re: HTC HD2 virus?

I can't help with a simple solution. But I wanted to say that I had the same error come up when I tried to follow the procedure to get Android running on the HD2 by loading the files to the storage card a couple days ago.

It is supposed to boot into it from the storage card without actually getting rid of Windows Mobile O/S. It kept hanging on me during the linux boot screen. I'd pull the battery and try again but after doing that about 3 times I was getting the exact same error you describe when I did a soft boot back into Windows. Couldn't get my apps to load.

So I never did get Android to boot and ended up flashing the official T-MO Rom to get my apps to load. And after I did that I decided it would be a good time to experiment with a custom ROM and am currently running the Energy ROM.

I'd be interested in hearing what anyone else has to say about it.

Last edited by gargoyle999; 07-25-2010 at 02:01 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:25 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

if even after a soft reset you still get the same error, your next step would be a hard reset. It sounds like something has corrupted the apps. You could try and uninstall mobile shell and see if that resolves the issue. If you do a hard reset, I would test apps one by one before installing anything to the phone to make sure they work. from there install your apps individually and check app functionality after each install.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

zak117 is a n00b

I uninstalled Mobile Shell last night and havent had the problem yet. Now my problem is theres not enough RAM. i always have around 300mb free, but when i try to open something like the camera it tells me there is not enough memory and to close some applications and try again. Anybody know why it would say that?
Old 07-25-2010, 05:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak117 View Post
I uninstalled Mobile Shell last night and havent had the problem yet. Now my problem is theres not enough RAM. i always have around 300mb free, but when i try to open something like the camera it tells me there is not enough memory and to close some applications and try again. Anybody know why it would say that?
i would say time for a hard reset honestly.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

zak117 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post
i would say time for a hard reset honestly.
Alright i'll do that. Thanks!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:13 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak117 View Post
Alright i'll do that. Thanks!
Sense eats up a lot more RAM than Mobile shell. It like to cache the RAM so even though it shows free on the phone, it really isn't.
If you are using Sense and need to use the camera, make sure you don't have opera running in the background. You might need to use a task manager to do this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2