PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T Mobile

TurboMiles is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
hd2 freeze/hangs after sms

A friend of mine thought it would be funny to sms bomb me today and my phone did not fair well. He sent me 12 sms messages in 1 1/2 minutes. My phone didn't stop respond completely, but it wouldn't do anything I asked of it. It would display a combination of the home screen and the text screen and that is all. After about 5 minutes of waiting for it to "catch up" I removed the battery and rebooted. If I am writting a text when a text comes it, about 10 seconds before I actually receive the text my phone will stop responding to text input or gets super laggy trying to navigate away from texting. The phone still works, it does hang once in a while on other crap, but it clears up. Today was probably the worst its been. I am looking for an answer, if one is out there.

OS version
5.2.21892 (21892.5.0.89)

Manila Version

Rom Version
2.13.531.1 (90963) WWE

Rom Date
4/28/10

Radio Version

Protocol Version
15.39.50.07U
Old 07-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: hd2 freeze/hangs after sms

sorry, I wish I could help. Seems to be a problem with winmo 6.5 and sense. You can try Mobile Shell instead and I think that improves it. You can google spb mobile shell and there is a 2week free trial.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:08 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

One thing I have noticed that makes a huge difference is the number of texts you have on the phone. My phone really takes a dump when around 200 texts. Deleting msgs from threads and then clearing deleted items can make a huge difference.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TurboMiles is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
sorry, I wish I could help. Seems to be a problem with winmo 6.5 and sense. You can try Mobile Shell instead and I think that improves it. You can google spb mobile shell and there is a 2week free trial.
downloaded the trial and installed it, its appears to be just a different interface over the same old win mo 6.5, well that is what I am seeing. still hangs up when receiving a text. thanks for the suggestion.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:54 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMiles View Post
downloaded the trial and installed it, its appears to be just a different interface over the same old win mo 6.5, well that is what I am seeing. still hangs up when receiving a text. thanks for the suggestion.
hmmm, that sux, never had any text hangs when using it on my tp2. good luck finding a solution.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TurboMiles is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
One thing I have noticed that makes a huge difference is the number of texts you have on the phone. My phone really takes a dump when around 200 texts. Deleting msgs from threads and then clearing deleted items can make a huge difference.
this was it. I delete text messages daily now and there hasn't been an issue with hangin up. Even asked my friend to send 10 texts quickly, my phone handled it ok, now that I don't have 1500 text messages stored. Thanks for the help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2