PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 05:40 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sod

Ok, new version of the dreaded winmo SOD. First off, my phone has no lag whatsoever, it blazes using mobile shell. The problem I am encountering is now on 3 occasions, the phone will just go unresponsive. It will be rolling along, then bam, the screen stays on, but does not respond. I have to pull battery or push the yellow button.

2 questions.
1. Anyone else have this problem?
2. Anyone who has had this problem that flashed custom. Does the problem go away or is it a hardware issue?

Other than this major annoyance I love this phone.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:11 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Sod

I last encountered that when playing with various task bars. Changed taskbars, and it went away.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Threadstarter

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

hmmm, I hope that is not the case.
Using tacchan23 dusk taskbars.
Flashing Miri's standard senseless ROM right now to see how that goes.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:00 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Have you tried any other ROMS? I'm not that crazy about Miri's ROMS, having used Dink/Miri ROM. My HD2 would freeze quite a bit using the ROM. Went back the energy ROM and the issues went away. I would wait to try energy ROM right now, the latest update (big) seems to be a bit buggy.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 06-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by budney View Post
Have you tried any other ROMS? I'm not that crazy about Miri's ROMS, having used Dink/Miri ROM. My HD2 would freeze quite a bit using the ROM. Went back the energy ROM and the issues went away. I would wait to try energy ROM right now, the latest update (big) seems to be a bit buggy.
I'm using miri's very basic standard ROM only 17mb of ROM used (before installing all my stuff). gonna try it. Was able to download the most current stock ROM from htc so I can go back if needed.
There weren't many 6.5.x sense free ROMs out there.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
I'm using miri's very basic standard ROM only 17mb of ROM used (before installing all my stuff). gonna try it. Was able to download the most current stock ROM from htc so I can go back if needed.
There weren't many 6.5.x sense free ROMs out there.
Well you can always try NRG's Titanium 6.5.X ROM, very simple. Just click the last download link on the page in the link below. These should be stable as the last update was on the 19th of this month. But I would guess your issues are more from 6.5.X then anything else. I find the 6.5.X ROMS to be fairly buggy and unstable over time no matter how good the chef is.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...78&postcount=2
Old 06-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by budney View Post
Well you can always try NRG's Titanium 6.5.X ROM, very simple. Just click the last download link on the page in the link below. These should be stable as the last update was on the 19th of this month. But I would guess your issues are more from 6.5.X then anything else. I find the 6.5.X ROMS to be fairly buggy and unstable over time no matter how good the chef is.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...78&postcount=2
my issues are with the stock T-Mobile 2.13 ROM. Not with the customs. Ran 6.5.x on my tp2 since feb, never had a SOD.
Thanks for the energy link, I forgot that he made titanium ROMs, since most of his are eye candy flashy ROMs. If I have any trouble with the Miri ROM, I'll give it a go.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2