PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thinking of jumping to the HD2

Backstory: Currently on Sprint with TP2, loving life but pissed off at Sprint because of past medical bankruptcy, they won't let me have more than 2 lines.
Thinking of switching to t-mobile, can get 2 HD2's and 1 Sidekick for 140.00 through wirefly. Overall plan will be a touch more expensive because of no corporate discount, but not too worried about that.
I am in San Antonio, which shows good T-mobile 3g or 3g+ and we are on the short list for HSPA+ (I'm hoping soon).

Questions:
1. How satisfied are y'all with the HD2? I'm used to building my own custom ROMs (using 23123 6.5.3 currently) so I am ok with having to tweak the phones.
2. Anyone in San Antonio that can give me data speeds? On sprint I rarely touch 1mbps (usually around 500-700kbps), so as long as I can get that or better till hspa+ rolls out.
3. What is the best onscreen keyboard? Using finger keyboard 2.1 right now when needed on my tp2 and have dabbled in swype but seemed to cause some lag on my tp2. The only real reservation I have about the HD2 is the keyboard, but I want the new hardware.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:04 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Thinking of jumping to the HD2

Had sprint and the TP2 before TMO and have no regrets. I would not recommend getting a sidekick though. They were very popular when they first came out but now are a dying technology and will be going away soon. I have worked for TMO since October of last year and can't stand them. Aside from the way they function, the devices break rather easily and lost user data frequently.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Threadstarter

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
Had sprint and the TP2 before TMO and have no regrets. I would not recommend getting a sidekick though. They were very popular when they first came out but now are a dying technology and will be going away soon. I have worked for TMO since October of last year and can't stand them. Aside from the way they function, the devices break rather easily and lost user data frequently.
what's a good cheap texting phone for my son then?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:25 PM
lwrdrchvy2

There are 3 new samsung phones that came out today/tomorrow that are looking good, all with full keyboards. You could also go with the Nokia Nuron, it is all touchscreen but doesn't require the data plan so still inexpensive.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Threadstarter

checked out wirefly.com and I can get 2 HD2's and the Nuron for 140.00 too and you are right, I don't have to pay 30.00 for the data on the Nuron.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Threadstarter

this section is kinda dead. Most people living over at xda for the HD2???
Old 06-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

just picked up a HD2 for my S.O. with TM/Bing 35% cachback w/o contact. Awesome phone, has more FREE RAM at boot than my Imagio has installed! LOL.

Too bad - except for the HT2 - the USA carriers totally failed with the last batch of WM devices that are slow and underpowered (with too little RAM).

If a WP7 phone was here today that would be great but Nov is a long ways away. The HD2 is super smooth and performs great.

The stock WM HTC keyboard is fantastic. My area is getting HSPA+ this month.
#1 smartphone annoyance: wasting 40% of home screen on a clock.
FINALLY! - with Windows Phone 7 Series... we are taking accountability for the entire experience. That means you will not see layers, like HTC Sense or TouchFLO built on top of the UI by OEMs or MOs (mobile operators). - Aaron Woodman, Microsoft Director of Consumer Experiences
Old 06-24-2010, 12:49 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
this section is kinda dead. Most people living over at xda for the HD2???
This site has always been predominantly CDMA. When the phone first released, the forum was very active but as time wears on it is slower. Most of the development for the device does take place at xda and htcpedia.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:44 AM
Threadstarter

yeah, I kind of noticed. I have memberships at all the places, but ppcgeeks was always the best place for my tp2.
I'm thinking if I get the HD2's I will just sim unlock my tp2 and give it to my son. He doesn't need fast internet so edge should work.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:57 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

I still have my tp2 from sprint, but yes, i've been getting some of my mods from there but here also. most new mods are for the hd2 and just used on the tp2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2