PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 07:47 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tmobile expanding hspa+ markets today

http://www.tmonews.com/2010/06/t-mob...markets-today/
Old 06-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff
Re: tmobile expanding hspa+ markets today

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
Been having trouble with data dropping in and out in Houston over the last couple days, hope it's because they were just dropping in HSPA+ for us!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

I've noticed a HUGE improvement in getting "H" speeds on my phone in the past month or so. I live just south of downtown Boston, Ma and I would typically receive maximum (full bars) 3g speeds, and about half the time get decent HSDPA / HSPA + (half bars or above).

In the past month, both where I live and directly in the city I pretty much ALWAYS have the "H" on my phone with FULL bars. I am VERY happy I went with T-Mobile.

Yesterday I put my friends EVO right next to my HD2 and did a web speed test. Obviously the HD2 blew it out of the water because the EVO is only on 3g right now in Boston (I think the Display drivers in the EVO have a lot to do with it too, because the frame rate on that phone when using android is NOTHING to brag about, much choppier than I expected an EVO to be).

However even with the EVO, Sprints 3g speeds were as I remembered them with my Diamond...just okay.

And when it comes to 4g, well I'll have to wait until WiMax drops in Boston to do a full and accurate comparison, but I have FULL "H" bars all day on a network that gives me 7.2 mbps download speeds. I can't imagine Sprint's WiMax which has a down speed of 10 mbps will be ANY better especially considering that I rarely ever had full bars when using Sprint's data network.

WiMax might be quote "faster"...but only by less than 3mbps and their towers don't have as strong of a signal and don't reach as far.

T-Mobile WIN (for the Boston area)

NOTE: ALL of my "H" speeds are on HSDPA...not even HSPA+ because it's not launched in Boston yet.

HSDPA gives 7.2mbps

Sprints WiMax gives 10mbps

HSPA+ gives 20+mbps

So basically once Sprints WiMax is up in Boston. HSPA+ will be destroying it, free of charge to their customers.

Last edited by JQuill; 06-16-2010 at 09:56 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:31 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE
Threadstarter

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

thanks for the info
Old 06-16-2010, 01:30 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I would much prefer they actually improve their coverage here first.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

im in central oklahoma & i noticed a speed jump last night. yay! i thought it was just my imagination

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 06-17-2010, 05:18 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Although my area is not listed in that article there have been several tower issues recently. From my understanding, all towers that are 3g are currently capable of + speeds so its just a matter of time here. I think the problems are because 3g just came here in the end of '09 so some towers still need updating.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:10 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

sprint 3g has always been avg at best for me (500-700kbps), always thought that was normal till I saw people getting 1.5-2 mbps on here.
I'm hoping t-mobile in san antonio is an improvement.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2