PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
t-mobile yanks new hd2 rom update

i almost flashed to it last night http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...ftware-update/
Old 05-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: At&t Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Wil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Wil Badger Send a message via AIM to Wil Badger Send a message via MSN to Wil Badger Send a message via Yahoo to Wil Badger
Re: t-mobile yanks new hd2 rom update

I heard it was mostly yanked due to download issues and that it would be back up soon. Honestly who cares. Why would I want to load a T-Mobile ROM? It's going to be outdated compared to any custom ROM out there. Ya ya I know there are people out there that are to afraid to flash a custom rom because they are scared of losing their warranty. I have been flashing for a long time and even if you just so happen to brick the phone they are not going to know what you flashed to it. They will simple know it's a brick. They can't reboot it to find out what went wrong they simple see it as not working any longer and send out a replacement. If you ever have to send a working phone back it's not that hard to flash back to a stock ROM for service.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2

Rickytr23 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Rickytr23

you r right Wil Badger custom ROMS are better anyway
Old 05-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Lurker

Staxx86 is a n00b

where can i find a really good custom ROM? i have the update and honestly it just keeps the phone from freezing uncontrollably! id really like something spiffy and faster if possible!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

ive been on tmo stock since i got the phone. best stock rom ive ever used, imo. ive tried a few customs & they were all slow, buggy, and drained my battery.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 05-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Wil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Wil Badger Send a message via AIM to Wil Badger Send a message via MSN to Wil Badger Send a message via Yahoo to Wil Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staxx86 View Post
where can i find a really good custom ROM?
XDA would be your best bet. Make sure you do some reading before flashing and make sure the ROM has been built for T-Mobs HD2 .
Old 05-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Almost a VIP

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

I'm using the update, not because I'm "afraid of flashing", but rather because it's better than any custom ROM i've seen so far for the HD2. I'm not a stranger to flashing ROMs, been doing it for a very long time. The HD2 ROM scene however has somehow been surprisingly disappointing.. Before anyone gets the wrong idea, this is not a personal attack or anything like that, I just haven't found a single ROM yet that works better the stock overall. It's just not as exciting either as it used to be with the Diamond and TP2 etc.

The update actually fixes my only real issue with the original stock ROM - lag in HTC messaging. My screen sensitivity is totally fine after the update, not sure why some people are affected by it. Even if you are affected, there is a pretty easy fix for it with a couple regedits.

The reason I think this update was pulled was because of download issues. But if you get a good download you should be just fine.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:28 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Badger View Post
XDA would be your best bet. Make sure you do some reading before flashing and make sure the ROM has been built for T-Mobs HD2 .
have you looked at htcpedia? thought i saw some there.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

The00Stranger is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staxx86 View Post
where can i find a really good custom ROM? i have the update and honestly it just keeps the phone from freezing uncontrollably! id really like something spiffy and faster if possible!
You can find many custom TMOUS roms here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=624

I prefer Energy and Kumar, both good roms.

Personally I've been running the 2.13 release since it came out and it's great for me. It has given me, by far, the most battery time.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I also find NRG's rom to be a good rom with no issues. Though I can say I never really found an issue with the original stock. Granted it was only on the phone for the first week. It's great the stock rom works for you I just like to stay away from the bloat also pretty much any fix your going to find in a stock rom has most likely already been taken care of in a custom rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2