PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: t-mobile

gstew is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Issues with Secured EReader (Palm Reader) & PDB Ebooks on HD2...

One of my main reasons for having a WinMo-based phone is for ebook reading.

Many of my books are in .PDB format which is read by EReader or Palm Reader software... not to be confused with the Barnes & Noble EReader software, which reads EPub files.

I installed the EReader software on my HD2 and have two issues with it.

1. It pulls up the lists of books EXTREMELY slowly... I have almost 800 .PDB books and it takes over 5 minutes to display the book list. It has been slow since I switched from Pocket PC handhelds to WinMo phones... slow on my T-Mobile Wing, faster on my TP2, but it is fatally slow on the HD2.

2. I cannot enter the unlock code for secured book. This is my name and CC number... the 'OPEN' button grays-out when I enter the last digit of the CC number, so I can't finish!

Anyone else encountered this? Solutions or suggestions?

I suspect the slow listing of books is related to the Sense scrolling... anyway to disable that? I've searched a bit and haven't found that tweak... but I'd like to try it, I really don't like the HD2 sense scrolling anyway and would like to go back to the version on the TP2 which looks like it uses the stock WinMo scrolling.

I don't have a good direction on the unlock issue... maybe the Sense Touch Input? Anyway to disable that?

TIA!

Greg in Mississippi

P.S. I should add that I have a recent TMoUSA HD2 with the stock ROM with a few of the HTC customizations shut down (I really don't like them!) and have not applied the 2.13.531.1 update yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Tags
ereader, pdb, scroll bar, secured ebook