PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC HD2 Absolutely, hands down the best Phone!!! PLEASE VERIZON, get this phone!

Boy the HTC2 is a incredible device but is really on the wrong network (At least US Version), I bought one and had it 6 days and needed to take it back because T Mobiles service was horrible, dropped calls, poor reception and limited 3G in my area.

Since T Mobile has the HTC HD2, Sprint has the HTC EVO..... Have anyone seen any update on Verizon releasing a comparable device? After using the HD2 and having to take it back, I am really missing the power from that device.

I hope there is something in the works because the Imagio is nice and I even looked at the Incredible (The Latest Hype) but they are not close to the performance I experienced with HTC2 in my opinion..

Can someone point me to any information on this subject will be greatly appreciated..

Last edited by Wildman; 05-18-2010 at 11:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: att

g2tl is a n00b
Re: HTC HD2 Absolutely, hands down the best Phone!!! PLEASE VERIZON, get this phone!

can't imagine the incredible being not as snappy as the hd2
i thought winmo was more resouce-hungry than android?
Old 05-18-2010, 11:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

atomicvocabulary is just getting started
Re: HTC HD2 Absolutely, hands down the best Phone!!! PLEASE VERIZON, get this phone!

The incredible for verizon should be pretty close
Old 05-19-2010, 08:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue + Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

CenFlo is becoming a great contributor

I've wanted this phone from DAY 1!!!!

T-Mobile is having great success with it, hopefully the CDMA carriers will take note and get a comparable device.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenFlo View Post
I've wanted this phone from DAY 1!!!!

T-Mobile is having great success with it, hopefully the CDMA carriers will take note and get a comparable device.
they won't. The next device from htc in the form of a no keyboard will be a wp7 device...htc has already stated gsm will be receiving devices like the diamond due to the poor sales of the diamond model

I am honestly not sure if carriers had the option of getting the touch hd2 or not. But it is wildly successful for tmo
Old 05-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hx2795b

n0ppw is a n00b

I've been watching the HD2 since last summer/fall. I still drool if I think about it too much. I'm not going to leave VZW for a phone and not close to ready to jump to Android from WM 6.5.x. Don't want an iPhone or a WP7 phone--both platforms are too locked down to their Apps Stores and not very customizable. My wife has an Imagio and I'll probably get one when I upgrade. But I still want an HD2 (on VZW) so bad it almost hurts!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:26 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

the only thing the hd2 has over the droid I is a 4.3 screen vs. a 3.7!!
even tho u have a bigger screen ours has better screen tech

Old 05-19-2010, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: att

g2tl is a n00b

tried the droid
it's slower, and the keyboard is useless
the only thing it has over my hd2 is its OS
Old 05-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hx2795b

n0ppw is a n00b

I don't mean to start a flame war of WM -vs WP7 -vs- Android -vs- iPhone. For my purposes, I need to stay with WM 6.5.x and have watched the HD2 for a long time. Unfortunately, everything I've heard indicates that VZW will never get the HD2. I have heard that they may get a variant of the EVO (called the HTC Venture) but it won't do me any good--it's Android. (bummer)
Old 05-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
the only thing the hd2 has over the droid I is a 4.3 screen vs. a 3.7!!
even tho u have a bigger screen ours has better screen tech
First thing that confused me about the HTC Incredible is that it is listed to have a larger screen than my Imagio but side by side there isn't any noticeable difference in size, actually in some ways it looks smaller than the Imagio in my opinion, but the screen is only one of the nice things about the HD2, the 1 Gig of ROM and 576 MB of RAM compared to the 512 MB in the Incredible is another positive item for me... Also I have vision restrictions and my job requires me to be on call to run diagnostics on systems remotely and change server access rights for clients at any time which will require multiple feed connections at one time and HD2 handles this wihout issue on Wifi (Network Restriction) but Imagio can perform this fine through Verizon's connection and I prefer not to have to carry my laptop everywhere I go just to view all required system and it is nice to be able to log in remotely through my device to make changes and updates and the size of the screen on the HD2 and not to forget the incredible power of that device made thing easily viewable and simple to move through logins quickly without issue..

I have not got into the Android systems yet but I did use the HTC Incredible for over a week and I felt it was over rated, the performance was ok but not to the level that I thought it would have been for the device using the 1 Ghz snapdragon, I believe the HD2 preformed smoother and the Incredible seem to have issues logging into Cisco management system and when attempting a remote access the device regularly became unresponsive and at times simply crashed and rebooted (Note: My Imagio performed these task without issues)... I know some think the HTC Incredible is perfect and everyone has their views but mine at this point is the the device isn't ready for a Corporate Networking environment which is one of my major dislikes of the HTC Incredible.

Last edited by Wildman; 05-21-2010 at 09:28 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2