PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC HD2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   HTC HD2 T-Mobile - Is there a better virtual keyboard? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119407)

MartyLK 04-27-2010 03:57 PM

HTC HD2 T-Mobile - Is there a better virtual keyboard?

I have issues with the use of the OEM on-screen keyboard of the HTC HD2. It registers the keys next to the ones I press if my finger even begins to slide a little when pressing the desired key.

I would like something much more stable than what it's equipped with. Does anybody know of a better keyboard for the HTC HD2?

kabuk1 04-27-2010 06:58 PM

Re: HTC HD2 T-Mobile - Is there a better virtual keyboard?

Try finger keyboard, and try decreasing the screen sensitivity with bsb tweaks.

lwrdrchvy2 04-27-2010 07:51 PM

+1 for Kabuk's suggestion. You may have the same problem even when using finger keyboard though as the screen on the HD2 is much more precise and sensitive than previous WinMo phones.

D/\SH 04-27-2010 09:02 PM

i did the same at first but lift up with your finger and dont drag and you wont have the issues as well. i have gotten really good on the thing and my only problem atm is hitting the v instead of the space button when typing at uber speed.

steve austin 04-27-2010 09:47 PM

If you are talking about SWYPE then the 3.9 version that came with the phone it does not work properly for a lot of people (me in particular). Long presses, missed letters, symbols don't appear. Do a search for SWYPE 2.0 for WVGA screens. That one works and the keyboard is arranged like you would expect it to be.

Noir 04-28-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve austin (Post 1723285)
If you are talking about SWYPE then the 3.9 version that came with the phone it does not work properly for a lot of people (me in particular). Long presses, missed letters, symbols don't appear. Do a search for SWYPE 2.0 for WVGA screens. That one works and the keyboard is arranged like you would expect it to be.

+50 for swype 2.0

mlin 04-28-2010 03:14 PM

TouchPal is my favorite, its not free though there is a free trial period. Its available at cootek.com

Improve 04-28-2010 04:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
These work for me, as I am also getting accustomed to having a capacitive screen and this is my first non physical keyboard devise(comming from TP2). Im actually starting to get use to typing on it. But like I said these 2 cabs help me out. They skin the keyboards to add a little more size or at least give the appearance of more room so as to keep your fat fingers from double taping( i have fat fingers, lol). Anyway here ya go.

1st cab = Full QWERTY
2nd cab = Swype