PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC HD2 music apps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyLK View Post
I tried to install the Kinoma FreePlay but it won't install. I downloaded the one for WindowsMobile.

EDIT -
Eh...I used my HD2 to download it and open it. It installed fine. Thanks. It appears to play FLAC. If so, it will be what I was looking for.

EDIT 2 -
Sadly, no, Kinoma FreePlay doesn't do FLAC. I have a MicroSDHC card full of FLAC files that I use in all of my card supporting DAP that support FLAC, which I inserted into the HD2. After a lengthy scan of files, Kinoma puts a red stiped circle beside all of the FLAC music file and clicking on one brings up the message: "Unsupported MIME".

Ah well...guess I'll keep looking.

I've found that the HTC music player (green music tab) is the best and here are some tips for making it work well....

*Only use MP3's

*Do not ever use double twist to sync...simply make a "Music" folder on your storage card and drag and drop the media files into the foler...HTC music player will autmatically pick up the songs and populate them into the player

*When you first boot your device (unfortunetally you probably should do this every single time you turn on your device)....simply scroll over to the music tab and let it load a song. I have about 1500 songs on my SD card, and I've noticed that it doesn't load the music into HTC music player upon boot up, you have to scroll over to the tab and let it load an album cover, THEN it populates the songs into the player. For my 1500 songs this takes about 4 minutes on my HD2...otherwise I can only view my music in the "every song" option and I cannot browse by artist or album title. I've found that simply scrolling over to the tab once and letting it load will start the music loading process and the player will be much smoother when you start using it.

*After doing all these steps the ONLY lag I notice is going back from landscape to portrait takes about 5 seconds sometimes. I have album art for every single song (again about 1500) so I expect some lag, but as long as you follow these tips you should have a good experience with HTC music player.

note: I'm using energys 6.5.5 rom.

Last edited by JQuill; 04-21-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

MartyLK is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
I've found that the HTC music player (green music tab) is the best and here are some tips for making it work well....

*Only use MP3's

*Do not ever use double twist to sync...simply make a "Music" folder on your storage card and drag and drop the media files into the foler...HTC music player will autmatically pick up the songs and populate them into the player

*When you first boot your device (unfortunetally you probably should do this every single time you turn on your device)....simply scroll over to the music tab and let it load a song. I have about 1500 songs on my SD card, and I've noticed that it doesn't load the music into HTC music player upon boot up, you have to scroll over to the tab and let it load an album cover, THEN it populates the songs into the player. For my 1500 songs this takes about 4 minutes on my HD2...otherwise I can only view my music in the "every song" option and I cannot browse by artist or album title. I've found that simply scrolling over to the tab once and letting it load will start the music loading process and the player will be much smoother when you start using it.

*After doing all these steps the ONLY lag I notice is going back from landscape to portrait takes about 5 seconds sometimes. I have album art for every single song (again about 1500) so I expect some lag, but as long as you follow these tips you should have a good experience with HTC music player.

note: I'm using energys 6.5.5 rom.
I agree, I have learned more about the HTC Music player. It is incredibly easy to make playlists on the device in the HTC MP. I am also using AAC+ music files. The issues I was having with music files happens to be related to folders. I normally put all genre specific music files in a main folder without sublevel folders (artist, album). This was causing the issue with the HTC Music player....for whatever reason, I have no clue. But I decided to put my music files in artist and album folders and HTC Music player works splendidly now.

I even believe I can use ALAC on the HD2...using the folder arrangement above.

As far as Kinoma Player, I have tried to get forum support regarding questions I have about it's functionality but have been completely ignored. I registered at the forum site and attempted to submit a post, but it has been blocked from showing up. I contacted Admin there and they have ignored me to date.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: n/a

Charles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyLK View Post
As far as Kinoma Player, I have tried to get forum support regarding questions I have about it's functionality but have been completely ignored.
Most likely, your post was inadvertantly flagged as spam.

Try again, and if you have problems just ping me at charles@ our domain.

-- Charles Wiltgen
Old 06-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I think Kinoma is a good product... However a bit over priced... Trial pay is a good option but offers are a bit "old" or just simply unatractive. Could you tell us if kinoma will be supported by wp7?
Old 06-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECA View Post
I think Kinoma is a good product... However a bit over priced... Trial pay is a good option but offers are a bit "old" or just simply unatractive. Could you tell us if kinoma will be supported by wp7?
They offer a FREE version of the product. The paid version is fair price IMHO, but anyone can try the free version and determine for themselves.

I can't answer for Kinoma as far as a WM7 version, but it's possible the existing product "might" work OK on WM 7... Or have you been told that it won't?
Old 06-14-2010, 10:06 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Nitrogen player and core player seem to have always very popular media players as well. You may want to give them a try for FLAC files. I saw that nitrogen was mentioned above but didn't see a post from the OP saying that they had tried it.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:18 AM
Lurker
Carrier: o2

Bunglechunk is a n00b
Question Re: HTC HD2 music apps?

Apologies if this is a question that has been answered before, but I’ve searched (both here and XDA-Dev site) and can't find an answer.

I use WMP and for some unknown reason it will not go into landscape mode. I've checked the file and both portrait and landscape files are there for the default skins and the white skins I’ve downloaded, but they don't show up in the skins menu in WMP.

Does anyone know how to get these files so show, or to make it rotate automatically?

Any help would be greatly apreciated as i'm just going in circles looking for a solution!
Old 11-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hd2
Carrier: tmobile

ciclove is a n00b

you may use these;
htc hd2 apps: Htc hd2 apps : Nitrogen 1.2 Alpha 4
htc hd2 apps: Htc hd2 apps : Slide 2 Play

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2