PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD2 US TMO
Carrier: Magenta

Nibbley15 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Audio/video out of sync when watching vids

Does anyone have a Creative Lab Zen? If so there was some awesome conversion software that used to work great. I sold my Zen and lost my copy of the software so if anyone has that combination please see if it works. I'll give Nero Recode another shot and see what happens....
Old 04-21-2010, 04:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbley15 View Post
Does anyone have a Creative Lab Zen? If so there was some awesome conversion software that used to work great. I sold my Zen and lost my copy of the software so if anyone has that combination please see if it works. I'll give Nero Recode another shot and see what happens....
I had a few of those back in the day. I'm pretty sure you can download the software for free from Creative's website.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
I had a few of those back in the day. I'm pretty sure you can download the software for free from Creative's website.

I remember that you could download it free, however you have to have it sync'd up in order to install the software, got rid of mine a while ago, just hoping someone out there might still have one and give it a try.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Almost a VIP

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
I remember that you could download it free, however you have to have it sync'd up in order to install the software, got rid of mine a while ago, just hoping someone out there might still have one and give it a try.
Oh I guess I didn't realize that, probably because I always used the the software together with the Zen. I'm pretty sure I have a couple of them somewhere, only problem is going to be finding them

I'll definitely take a look and see if I can't find them.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: sprint

ppctester is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by llmgold11 View Post
The files just won't play at all. They are all mp4 and sometimes a movie plays, other times the movie won't. I used Movavi to convert.
strange

I would suggest getting Media Player Classic-Home Cinema and open the videos in your computer and check the video properties

I know it's a PITA but i did that when i had some videos that would play fine on my iphone but would only greenscreen/stutter/tear in an ipod touch; I had used handbrake before and then switched to tmpgenc, I figured out the a/v bitrate differences between videos that would play and videos that wouldn't and made some adjustments accordingly. ever since then all videos play fine on anything from an iphone 3GS to an old ipod video to an archos player to a nexus one to the HD2 [minus the slight sync issue] I know it's not using the full resolution of the newer devices with wvga but it's just easier to maintain a common video library

I use TMPGEnc to convert
Old 04-22-2010, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'm looking to see if anyone has found the "one sourse" solution to this... Whether it is the "fox/lamb" people or something else, I'm trying to find out if anyone has found good software that works everytime and easy for anyone to use. I'll drop money on software if it is going to work without the lag, and be user friendly.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Lurker

MartyLK is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by llmgold11 View Post
Using avi files and when play on PC video/audio link up fine, but on HD2 they are noticeably out of sync.

Anybody having same issue/fixes?
Give Mediacoder...the latest version...a try and use MPEG4 files instead (convert your files to MPEG4, I mean). I find Mediacoder to be the absolute best there is...especially the cropper.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I just found this over at XDA; I downloaded mediacoder and going to give it a try:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=666971
Old 04-27-2010, 02:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: sprint

ppctester is just getting started

Quote:
I'm looking to see if anyone has found the "one sourse" solution to this... Whether it is the "fox/lamb" people or something else, I'm trying to find out if anyone has found good software that works everytime and easy for anyone to use. I'll drop money on software if it is going to work without the lag, and be user friendly.
I'm still thinking it has to do with either winmo or the HTC sense player.. because as I said, all videos play flawlessly on countless other devices
Old 04-27-2010, 02:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: At&t Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Wil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Wil Badger Send a message via AIM to Wil Badger Send a message via MSN to Wil Badger Send a message via Yahoo to Wil Badger

Have you updated the video drivers on the phone? HTC has a thing about using old outdated drivers that can cause issues from watching movies, to games, to Sense UI.

Give this a shot it might help

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2