PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Looks like a cradle for the T-Mobile US HD2! (*UPDATE, DOES NOT PLAY STEREO AUDIO*)

Ordered myself one earlier today.

It says that it is made for the US T-Mobile model and is being sold by the same seller who also sells cradles for the European version. So the seller knows the difference.

Cradle + spare battery charger + headphone jack = WINNER

---------------
UPDATE: See later post, this cradle does NOT play stereo audio!!!
See this later post and this one.
This cradle is NOT a winner!

Last edited by darnell; 04-19-2010 at 03:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD 2
Carrier: T-MOBILE

dsuarez1979 is a n00b
Re: Looks like a cradle for the T-Mobile US HD2!

I ordered the same one too few today.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks, OP! This is just what Ive been looking for!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Lurker
Carrier: T-Mobile

PPP-1 is a n00b

Ordered two today. Thanks for the great links!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Very cool, but what is keeping it upright? It looks like the micro usb and 3.5mm jack to me. If that is the case I would be worried that stress on those ports could cause them to break after a while.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 04-13-2010, 11:17 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

there is a link to a different cradle in the 1600mah battery thread that costs a little less and looks like it may have more support to hold the phone up other than the 2 ports.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by budney View Post
Very cool, but what is keeping it upright? It looks like the micro usb and 3.5mm jack to me. If that is the case I would be worried that stress on those ports could cause them to break after a while.
Being one who intentionally purchased the European version of this cradle "just hoping" it might fit my USA T-Mobile HD2, I can say that it's not just the ports that hold the device upright. (No my US T-Moble HD2 didn't fit properly, but enough for me to see how the cradle keeps the device upright. The fact it did not fit is part of the reason I know how it holds the device up by more than just the ports.) The cradle is custom sized at the bottom, to perfectly fit the version of HD2 that it was made for. The plastic at the bottom that holds the base of the device like a cup.

My only concern, is whether it can hold my device while I'm using Bodyguardz. Since the base is custom sized to fit the bottom of the device so snug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
there is a link to a different cradle in the 1600mah battery thread that costs a little less and looks like it may have more support to hold the phone up other than the 2 ports.
This has no 3.5mm jack to support using headphones while the device is in the cradle. Also, that cradle only has a mini USB port on the back for sync and charge.

Having the European version of the cradle with the 3.5mm jack + mini USB and Micro USB ports on the back, I'm not worried at all about the ports getting loose. I'm just glad they made a version for the T-Mobile US HD2, since I could never "modify" the European version to fit my HD2 .
Old 04-14-2010, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
My only concern, is whether it can hold my device while I'm using Bodyguardz. Since the base is custom sized to fit the bottom of the device so snug.
I am in the same boat. I have a Maximum Protection Invisible Shield and would love to buy one of these, however I am not gonna waste my money if it will not allow me to use it without removing a portion of the shield from my phone. I know that my wife has a cradle for her myTouch 3G and it fits in there really tight and it had nor protection.
Current Device: HTC HD2 Wife myTouch 3G & Touch Pro2 for SALE ~ ROM - Energy 6.5.X Series Wife .... in process of Rooting and finding a good 2.1 base with Sense 2.0 ROM ~ Carrier - T-Mobile ~ Memory Card - 16GB SanDisk soon to be 32 GB SanDisk
Old 04-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I'll write back once I have mine.

I don't want to run too far off on a side-bar, but I can say I tried both Invisible Shield and BodyGuardz when I had a Touch Pro. And if you have never tried BodyGuardz, I think you'd never use Invisible Shield ever again after using BodyGuardz or BSE. Especially with a device where screen clarity is critical, like with the HD2.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
I'll write back once I have mine.

I don't want to run too far off on a side-bar, but I can say I tried both Invisible Shield and BodyGuardz when I had a Touch Pro. And if you have never tried BodyGuardz, I think you'd never use Invisible Shield ever again after using BodyGuardz or BSE. Especially with a device where screen clarity is critical, like with the HD2.
can't wait for the review, with some better pics.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2