PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 03:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Looks like a cradle for the T-Mobile US HD2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
I'll write back once I have mine.

I don't want to run too far off on a side-bar, but I can say I tried both Invisible Shield and BodyGuardz when I had a Touch Pro. And if you have never tried BodyGuardz, I think you'd never use Invisible Shield ever again after using BodyGuardz or BSE. Especially with a device where screen clarity is critical, like with the HD2.
Waiting for your review!
Old 04-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Threadstarter

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Thumbs down Re: Looks like a cradle for the T-Mobile US HD2!

Well, I'll just let you all see the message I just sent the seller of this cradle (legendzonetrade), mine arrived today:
Quote:
I received this item and it does not properly fit the US T-Mobile HTC HD2. I had to press very hard to get it into the cradle and even then the headphone jack only played MONO not stereo audio.

How can you get me a cradle that properly fits the US T-Mobile HD2 and properly seats the audio jack so that audio plays in stereo?
And it does seem the jacks help support the device, but I'm not worried about that.

I also had to remove the bottom portion of my BodyGuardz cover. The part just below the battery cover, the small bottom back piece of BodyGuardz protective covering. Just to get the device to seat at all.

I'll keep everyone posted once I hear/know more. But for the moment, I would not recommend getting this one.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Well, I'll just let you all see the message I just sent the seller of this cradle (legendzonetrade), mine arrived today:

And it does seem the jacks help support the device, but I'm not worried about that.

I also had to remove the bottom portion of my BodyGuardz cover. The part just below the battery cover, the small bottom back piece of BodyGuardz protective covering. Just to get the device to seat at all.

I'll keep everyone posted once I hear/know more. But for the moment, I would not recommend getting this one.
Bummer! Thanks for keeping us updated though.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Quote:

Sorry to hear it didn't work.

I just got a case for my HD2 through eBay, and I'm sending it back. I am thinking sellers are just rebranding their Euro HD2 accessories for the USA T-Mo HD2 without knowing the subtle differences.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 04-16-2010, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight

Yeah I also think they might be re-branding to mention T-Mobile possibly thinking they can get away with it because T-mobile Europe. I would like to see a product specifically mention it is made for T-Mobile USA.
Current Device: HTC HD2 Wife myTouch 3G & Touch Pro2 for SALE ~ ROM - Energy 6.5.X Series Wife .... in process of Rooting and finding a good 2.1 base with Sense 2.0 ROM ~ Carrier - T-Mobile ~ Memory Card - 16GB SanDisk soon to be 32 GB SanDisk
Old 04-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Angry Re: Looks like a cradle for the T-Mobile US HD2!

Now this is some straight BULL. I have not heard back from the seller. I checked the product listing today, to see if any changes were made in the listing and in the Q&A it says:

Quote:
Q: can we hear music on this as well?
A: Yes, you can plug your earphone or output music to a speaker but the music is not stereo (mono).
Apr 18, 2010
Now they confirm it does not do stereo, later in Q&A, but never mentioned the lack of stereo in the product listing .

I'll have to give it the full 7 day wait and then see what Ebay can do for me.

Last edited by darnell; 04-19-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Quote:
Now this is some straight BULL. I have not heard back from the seller. I checked the product listing today, to see if any changes were made in the listing and in the Q&A it says:

Now they confirm it does not do stereo, later in Q&A, but never mentioned the lack of stereo in the product listing .

I'll have to give it the full 7 day wait and then see what Ebay can do for me.
It looks like the updated the listing to show mono output of the jack. Also it looks like they will only do a exchange on return product. eBay should help you out on this. They are so pro buyer these days.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Re: Looks like a cradle for the T-Mobile US HD2! (*UPDATE, DOES NOT PLAY STEREO AUDIO

The Ebay seller has responded. They've made me an offer for my trouble that I'm going to accept. They say that this issue was not something they were aware of earlier and they're trying to figure out why in the world their supplier gave them cradles that only play mono out of a 3.5mm headphone jack.

3.5mm is a standard for stereo, it's a given that any HD2 cradle with a 3.5mm jack should play stereo.

So at least the seller is being good about the issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2