PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nks86 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM to Android contacts?? (vcard or what?)

hey guys, im a noob at this stuff.. i lost my passion for customizing phones ever since i got a TP2 for the last year.. hate this phone.

anyways, had to exchange the TP2 3 times now. i just went through a nightmare with sprint getting switched into a Shift through the multiple device exchange program... and i still had to pay the 149.99. My contract is supposed to span from May 2010 to May 2012, so after yelling at them for hours, they finally said "we'll make it look like your contract already ended so you can get the Shift for 149.99, but your contract will still expire 2012." sounded good enough for me, i was so tired of Sprint at that point...

so now i have the task of finding out how to transfer my contacts from my TP2 to the Shift. Any ideas? I read a couple of threads on here and everyone is talking about the vcard... can someone explain??

im so confused, do i need to download a program or something. I have PIM already if that counts for something and I have windows mobile software on my computer if that matters.

THANKS! Any help is muchhhh appreciated...
Old 05-29-2011, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mofo2713 is just getting started
Re: WM to Android contacts?? (vcard or what?)

I just went from a TP2 to the Shift as well. If you save all your contacts to the SD card, you can just import them when u put the new card in your Shift.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:48 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Sync your Windows Mobile phone to your computer (outlook, outlook express, whatever you normally sync to)

Export your contacts from there to a CSV.

Use Google Contacts to import the CSV (import is in the upper right from http://google.com/contacts)

Wait a couple minutes. All of your contacts will show up on your Android phone soon!
Old 05-29-2011, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

i used sprite migrate. worked like a charm for me. it transfers much more than contacts. Sprite Mobile - Transfer Windows Mobile, Blackberry and Symbian data to Android
Old 05-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Threadstarter

nks86 is a n00b

thanks guys! i'll try these things out.. appreciate it!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
And once its in gmail, you will never lose contacts ever again!

Cooler than your EVO

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G