PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 03:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: q, ip10
Carrier: metro

missingxtension is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Evo shift on metropcs or crickett

OKay i was having some major problems with an evo shift on metropcs.
The problem was that i could not get qpst to recognize my phone. basically it is a surf-msm7830 and it draws a blank when you try to re-provision. It only shows banner and phone state waiting for cdma or something like that.
So after a month of messing with it, i finally got a good version of qpst that works with evo shift 4g/speedy.
The secret is qpst 2.7.366, i got it from conflipper, the guy who does cricket stuff at ppcgeeks.
You have to remove the old qpst then install the new one.
Just follow bloodykiller86's tutorial and youre set to go.
I would make a modified bloody killer tutorial but i dont have the time to make screenshots.
Bloodykiller86 tutorial
HTC Evo 4G MetroPCS HOW TO! - xda-developers
and here is qpst, please please make some mirror 4shared, hotfiles, and file sharing accounts.
Here is qpst
Qualcomm (download torrent) - TPB
I am uploading at 2mb so anyone should be able to get it, but i wont seed for ever.
I cant post on any other xda threads because of my low post count, stupid rule.
So feel free to move my post to anywhere it is suitable, also please add to a sticky or make this a sticky. It took me for ever to find this information and yes dont bring up the lame "search" question. It gets old and my response is, what makes you think PEOPLE DON'T KNOW HOW TO search? Just answer the question and you have more ways for answer to be indexed.
And all you people that make money from the evo shift flashing and dont want to share information, SCREW YOU!!!
I HOPE YOU LOOSE SOME MAJOR MONEY NOW THAT THIS IS OUT!!!!!!!

Almost forgot, dont forget to root. Shiftrr worked good for me. The hard part was getting the drivers and adb to work.
Then once that worked you just have to apply shiftrr about 2-3 times and see if you get root.
Root And Install Recovery On HTC EVO Shift 4G [One-Click Root]

Another tip, if you cant install android sdk because of java dependency (%programfiles%\Java\jdk1.6.0_25\jre and you know you have it installed already.
Just download the zip and extract anywhere, it should work just fine with out the installer.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G

Tags
cricket flash, evo shift 4g, flash, metropcs