PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Shift
Carrier: sprint

davedell17 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Shift hot spot?

Hey Everyone,

I just signed up for this "Geek" website because I have one question. Rumor has it that I can turn my EVO shift into a hot spot for a one time fee for a 10.00 application, is this true? If so, where can I get it?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:48 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: Shift hot spot?

thread moved to EVO Shift forum......you probably need to root, then install wifi tether (free)
Old 04-03-2011, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, Touch Pro, EVO 4G

jester95 is just getting started

its probably a one-time fee every first of the month.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:36 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

to the best of my knowledge, if your not rooted, youll be paying 29.99 from sprint for hotspot...

otherwise, its usb tethering for you..
Old 04-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yes, you can use your phone as a free hotspot. You WILL need to root. Point your browser over to xda-developers.com and find the EVO Shift 4G Android Development forum. There's a topic called Rooting for Dummies or something similar. Follow the instructions CAREFULLY to perm root your phone and install Wireless Tether for Root Users from the Android Market.

ALTERNATIVELY (easier):
You can TEMP ROOT your phone, which means you will be rooted until you reboot. If you simply want to wireless tether this may be your best option. You'll need an app called Visionary, it's no longer in the market but easy to find on the internet. Just open this app, hit the temp root button and wait til your phone reboots, then install Wireless Tether for Root Users from the Market and start browsing.

Hit thanks if I helped you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dkd711 is just getting started

Root your phone, download wifitether for free from the market and there ya go, just don't abuse it cuz technically Sprint wants $30/month for it.

LOL

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G