PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO_Shift
Carrier: sprint

slantyshanty is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2 glitches in my shift?

1st one is the screen coming back on, after I have pressed the power button, with the keyboard out. If I'm in a txt conversation for example and I shut the screen off to save a little battery, lay the phone down with the keyboard out, screen comes back on. It usually only does this once or twice and then it will stay off.

2nd one is with the txt window itself. Sometimes it will scroll down while I am typing so far that you can't see the send button or attach button anymore. That's as far as it goes, just until those are off of the screen. I drag my finger to scroll the window back up and I have apparently been typing into the abyss because half of my sentence is gone?

Just had a 3rd (but can't change the title of this post) I have my work email set to auto forward to my Gmail. I received 2 emails into my Gmail box and to my Yahoo box? I could open them just fine on the Gmail side but couldn't open ANY emails on the yahoo side. Every time I tried to open/move/delete the 2 emails on the yahoo side, android mail would force close. I tried everything I could think of, even logging in to Yahoo and deleting the emails from there (the emails weren't in yahoo because they were never forwarded there) I had to delete my Yahoo mail account on the phone and re-add it. The 2 emails weren't there anymore and everything opens fine.

Last edited by slantyshanty; 04-11-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Had another glitch
Old 04-07-2011, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

southernSTYLE is just getting started
Re: 2 glitches in my shift?

I have the same thing happen. Text someone with keyboard, turn screen off.. 2 secs later comes back on. I even turn the screen off and close the keyboard and it comes back on. Its a habit for me bc that's how I did it on TP2 and it never acted up.

I also get the scroll up while texting. Wish there was a fix for it.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

donuts246 is a n00b

Yea, the turning back on with the keyboard out doesnt bother me much. However, the scrolling up while texting pisses me off a lot. Doesnt happen all the time tho.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

That's strange... I've used my wife's EVO Shift several times and haven't noticed that.
Maybe it's the order in which I do things... I close the keyboard first then power off the screen.
The phone might assume an accidental press of the power button. I'll mess with it some more and see what I come up with.

Not sure about the other concern... I never noticed it either. I hope someone else can help you figure out what the deal is with that.
p.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work

ive had the same two problems..not too big of an issue, but it shouldnt be an issue at all on a 500 dollar phone
Old 04-22-2011, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

MinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good work

same two probs on stock rom.....

i never noticed it on mik? rom or cyanogen 7.....

running cyan right now and it 20 times better than stock.....

the stock isnt bad but like always roms from sprint come with 5 annoyances atleast lol....
Old 04-23-2011, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

inmnbob is just getting started

Does any one have a keyboard problem where the function key appears to stay on even thought the light is off and then when you backsapace the whole line deletes?
Old 04-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmnbob View Post
Does any one have a keyboard problem where the function key appears to stay on even thought the light is off and then when you backsapace the whole line deletes?
I hate that funct and delete does the whole text. Never had the button stick though. And mine does the relight when the keyboard is out and the screen either gets turned off or turns itself off.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO_Shift
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

slantyshanty is a n00b

had the fn key "stick" even though the light wasn't on... and also the caps, but I think the only time it did it I was on the internet and I figured it was just the page didn't load all the way or not fast enough or some $h!t?

The scrolling down thing is happening more and more. I mean I send a lot of txt's and it does it almost every time now.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G