PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: seen the swype link on htc.com and wanted to try i
Carrier: Tmobile

adrianmuniz325 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help!!!!!!!! Battery dies to fast

Ok so wats the best battery saver app I have juicedrod pretty good is der a better app???? And also wat else can you turn off that you dnt need to use your fone cuz there are a lot of apps that run in the background that I dnt use but are always on and I can't unistall them either someone please help me with this
Old 04-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff
Re: Help!!!!!!!! Battery dies to fast

If your phone is brand new, don't expect great battery life until you have charged and discharged the battery 3 to 5 times. Never let the battery drain to the point of shutting down the phone, as you will damage the cells in the battery.

Look for an app on your phone called TALK (Google Talk) Turn off the automatic sign in and then log off it. This of course assumes you don't use the Google Talk IM service.

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well for starters, uninstall any applications claiming to increase your battery life, in most cases they do just the opposite. Make sure that you don't have GPS on while you're not using it, same with 4G. There are a lot of things you can do to save battery, but using additional applications is not one of those things.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

MinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
Well for starters, uninstall any applications claiming to increase your battery life, in most cases they do just the opposite. Make sure that you don't have GPS on while you're not using it, same with 4G. There are a lot of things you can do to save battery, but using additional applications is not one of those things.
does gps really drain that much if its on and not in use?

i never tried since i leave gps all the time but was wondering if you tried and noticed much of a difference....
Old 04-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I only turn it on when I need it, but i haven't personally run any tests to see how big of a difference it makes. The less radios that are on, the longer your battery will last. If you have 3G, 4G, wifi, bluetooth, and gps all on, battery will die fast. Turn some off while not in use and you will notice a big difference. I recommend using the program widgetsoid to put toggles in the notification tray so you can easily turn everything on and off without going back to your homescreen.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Don't stress the Apps that run on their own. That's just the way Android works and they aren't hurting anything. You can kill the tasks all you'd like, but they will restart. Task killers are an unneeded waste. Same with battery apps. Just limit the amount of crap that auto updates and, as suggested, turn off any radios you're not using.

The best way to save battery IMO is to root and use a custom kernel. Using SetCPU set a min/max profile and then set a screen off profile.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 04-26-2011, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Shift 4G

prboy1969 is keeping up the good workprboy1969 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
Don't stress the Apps that run on their own. That's just the way Android works and they aren't hurting anything. You can kill the tasks all you'd like, but they will restart. Task killers are an unneeded waste. Same with battery apps. Just limit the amount of crap that auto updates and, as suggested, turn off any radios you're not using.

The best way to save battery IMO is to root and use a custom kernel. Using SetCPU set a min/max profile and then set a screen off profile.

+1 What the man said

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Vogue 6900
Carrier: sprint

kiddk1 is a n00b
I get at least a day out of my battery I Also have an extra seidio battery for heavy usage days, wifi & gps are mostly on all the time, I also use an app called juice defender which has helped

sent from my HTC EVO Shift

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G