PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Evo shift 2.3 GingerFed

Hey if the shift shipped with 2.2 does that mean it has to get an official 2.3 update?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2011, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

bckoolaid is just getting started
Re: Sprint Evo shift 2.3 GingerFed

I don't think any phones HAVE to get any updates but I would think it will get an update to 2.3. The update probably won't happen til after the Evo3D comes out though because they won't upgrade the Evo to 2.3 til that happens and since the shift came out later, they wouldn't like push it out to it first.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

aau007 is a n00b

Why would any carrier want to give us a reason to keep the phone instead of buying a new one? In my observation, carriers come out with an update because there are serious bugs on the phone or features they promised but don't quite work.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dkd711 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by popasmurfn25 View Post
Hey if the shift shipped with 2.2 does that mean it has to get an official 2.3 update?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Are you not rooted? Becuz who cares about an official release when all the custom roms are so much better in so many ways. Gingerbread is alrdy running great on the Evo Shift.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

MinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good work

cyanogen mod 7 running like a champ on my phone.....

even when sprint pushes out an update it will have more bugs than the worst custom rom for the shift out there imo...

my exp speaking from tp1 tp2 snap, hearing about the epic,moment,etc

i wouldn't expect much from sprint and just root n flash instead of waiting....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just came from an EVO and a Sprint 2.3 rom had just been leaked..So, I'm sure the Shift will see an update sooner or later. Personally I find CM7 to not be quite there yet. There are constant GPS issue with some (myself included) and I find the battery life on 2.2 to be better.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 04-25-2011, 12:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hell, I have GPS issues on stock ROM. Kinda starting to think I got a faulty device cuz other people don't seem to have problems. I can't get a lock unless i use an app like GPSfix before entering maps. Takes me about 3-5 minutes to get a lock every time.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Almost a VIP

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sorry to hear..I can't offer any experience about the stock ROM as I got the Shift home and rooted right away. I'm running MikShift and I use GPS Status to download A-GPS data every few days. I lock very quickly (less than 1 min)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
Hell, I have GPS issues on stock ROM. Kinda starting to think I got a faulty device cuz other people don't seem to have problems. I can't get a lock unless i use an app like GPSfix before entering maps. Takes me about 3-5 minutes to get a lock every time.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Shift 4G

prboy1969 is keeping up the good workprboy1969 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
Sorry to hear..I can't offer any experience about the stock ROM as I got the Shift home and rooted right away. I'm running MikShift and I use GPS Status to download A-GPS data every few days. I lock very quickly (less than 1 min)

Just downloaded GPS Status. Works great. EVO Shift should get the update after the EVO 3D has been out for a while.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:21 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
Just downloaded GPS Status. Works great. EVO Shift should get the update after the EVO 3D has been out for a while.
good to hear the app works for you. I think its a great tool to evaluate how well your GPS signal is working. During the WinMo days we had that app called Quick GPS (I think), anyway I wanted to find something similar and I think this does the trick.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G