PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo Shift 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=305)
-   -   Sprint Evo shift 2.3 GingerFed (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142078)

popasmurfn25 03-24-2011 11:13 AM

Sprint Evo shift 2.3 GingerFed

Hey if the shift shipped with 2.2 does that mean it has to get an official 2.3 update?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

bckoolaid 03-25-2011 08:03 PM

Re: Sprint Evo shift 2.3 GingerFed

I don't think any phones HAVE to get any updates but I would think it will get an update to 2.3. The update probably won't happen til after the Evo3D comes out though because they won't upgrade the Evo to 2.3 til that happens and since the shift came out later, they wouldn't like push it out to it first.

aau007 04-06-2011 12:37 AM

Why would any carrier want to give us a reason to keep the phone instead of buying a new one? In my observation, carriers come out with an update because there are serious bugs on the phone or features they promised but don't quite work.

dkd711 04-07-2011 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popasmurfn25 (Post 2073118)
Hey if the shift shipped with 2.2 does that mean it has to get an official 2.3 update?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Are you not rooted? Becuz who cares about an official release when all the custom roms are so much better in so many ways. Gingerbread is alrdy running great on the Evo Shift.

MinLo 04-22-2011 12:44 AM

cyanogen mod 7 running like a champ on my phone.....

even when sprint pushes out an update it will have more bugs than the worst custom rom for the shift out there imo...

my exp speaking from tp1 tp2 snap, hearing about the epic,moment,etc

i wouldn't expect much from sprint and just root n flash instead of waiting....

mulhiny 04-24-2011 05:25 PM

I just came from an EVO and a Sprint 2.3 rom had just been leaked..So, I'm sure the Shift will see an update sooner or later. Personally I find CM7 to not be quite there yet. There are constant GPS issue with some (myself included) and I find the battery life on 2.2 to be better.

HTCotta 04-25-2011 12:50 AM

Hell, I have GPS issues on stock ROM. Kinda starting to think I got a faulty device cuz other people don't seem to have problems. I can't get a lock unless i use an app like GPSfix before entering maps. Takes me about 3-5 minutes to get a lock every time.

mulhiny 04-25-2011 10:28 AM

Sorry to hear..I can't offer any experience about the stock ROM as I got the Shift home and rooted right away. I'm running MikShift and I use GPS Status to download A-GPS data every few days. I lock very quickly (less than 1 min)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTCotta (Post 2090501)
Hell, I have GPS issues on stock ROM. Kinda starting to think I got a faulty device cuz other people don't seem to have problems. I can't get a lock unless i use an app like GPSfix before entering maps. Takes me about 3-5 minutes to get a lock every time.

prboy1969 04-26-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulhiny (Post 2090629)
Sorry to hear..I can't offer any experience about the stock ROM as I got the Shift home and rooted right away. I'm running MikShift and I use GPS Status to download A-GPS data every few days. I lock very quickly (less than 1 min)

Just downloaded GPS Status. Works great. EVO Shift should get the update after the EVO 3D has been out for a while.

mulhiny 04-27-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prboy1969 (Post 2091679)
Just downloaded GPS Status. Works great. EVO Shift should get the update after the EVO 3D has been out for a while.

good to hear the app works for you. I think its a great tool to evaluate how well your GPS signal is working. During the WinMo days we had that app called Quick GPS (I think), anyway I wanted to find something similar and I think this does the trick.