PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

VenoM0713 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Should i buy this phone?

Right now i have a TP2 that ive had for about a year and a half. honestly im ed with it. freezes constantly everyday, etc so im looking for a new phone. what would you guys suggest? i just dont want to buy a phone and then a better one comes out in a month lol... i just want an htc with android (i love htc sense) thanks.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoM0713 View Post
Right now i have a TP2 that ive had for about a year and a half. honestly im ed with it. freezes constantly everyday, etc so im looking for a new phone. what would you guys suggest? i just dont want to buy a phone and then a better one comes out in a month lol... i just want an htc with android (i love htc sense) thanks.
It's hard to say if you should wait. The shift is a nice phone but sprint should be coming out with some new phones in the next 3 months. Also htc is set to introduce some new phones, hopefully one of them is for sprint. So if I were in your shoes I would wait and in the meantime I would unlock your tp2 and install a custom rom to help you by. I would install energy custom rom. I still have my tp2 as a backup and energy rom is really stable. If you must upgrade I would go with the shift if you want htc sense and keyboard. Otherwise I would wait. Maybe sell your tp2 and get a pre or hero on ebay just to get you by.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 02-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch pro 2
Threadstarter

VenoM0713 is a n00b
Re: Should i buy this phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
It's hard to say if you should wait. The shift is a nice phone but sprint should be coming out with some new phones in the next 3 months. Also htc is set to introduce some new phones, hopefully one of them is for sprint. So if I were in your shoes I would wait and in the meantime I would unlock your tp2 and install a custom rom to help you by. I would install energy custom rom. I still have my tp2 as a backup and energy rom is really stable. If you must upgrade I would go with the shift if you want htc sense and keyboard. Otherwise I would wait. Maybe sell your tp2 and get a pre or hero on ebay just to get you by.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
Stealth Guards
funny you say that, im running energy on my tp2.. it still freezes randomly throughout the day. whats the soonest we will know when sprint will have new phones? ive been outta the loop.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

elmerive is a n00b

I just upgraded to the shift from my tp2 and love it. I got so tired of my tp2 freezing up and needing to reset. Now I spend all that time using my phone instead of just trying to keep it working
Old 02-10-2011, 01:07 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The earliest we will know is when Mobile World Congress aka MWC happens this month..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-10-2011, 01:10 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
. whats the soonest we will know when sprint will have new phones? ive been outta the loop.
soonest??? how about 3days ago.... Kyocera Echo... i dont like it but maybe you will

MWC is begining of next week.. Sprint wll announce WP7 hopefully.. if not there will still be more new Devices most likely..

ummm theres another thing in March too even(forget the name)..

i said it in another thread this is the best time to wait ever... Carriers are showing each other up left and right now-a-days.. its just gonna take a few months to get all the devices out, plans into effect, etc.... by mid summer things should be really interesting, and most of the handsets will be available already too... and alsways expect a June Flagship Device from sprint
Old 02-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

Batmaninthehood is a n00b

Quote:
My was freezing too. clear out old texts and emails.

I found hard reset worked best.

But yeah, i was looking at this phone to replace my TP2 as well. Best Buy has it for $150.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: SPRINT PCS

alher591 is keeping up the good workalher591 is keeping up the good work
Agreed I went from a htc touch pro 2 to a shift and haven't looked back it runs soooo smooth out of the box and there are roms already to get rid of sense but there's no need as it runs extremly

Sent From My HTC Evo Shift 4G using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
i just dont want to buy a phone and then a better one comes out in a month lol...
You'll be waiting for the zombie apocalypse then, since something better is always coming out in a month...

From a hardware standpoint, Shift blows TP2 out of the water. The WM to Android switch has been very hard for me, since I'm a hard core business user (that means a lot of email accounts) and I don't play games on my phone. But if you can make that switch, the Shift is great IMHO. It's very pocketable - more so than the TP2, and after a month of use I actually like the keyboard better with the exception of that missing number row.

It's going to take awhile for anything announced this month or next to make it to store shelves (like summer time at the earliest), at least I'd assume so, like B&T said. If you can wait that long, great, but don't forget that by that time you're probably going to see iPhone 5 with some cool new stuff that everybody will start to want and then a slew of new Android things that will make you want to wait until 2012, and by then maybe even Windows Phone will start to look like a contender.

I suppose one way to look at it is to think about how long you tend to hang onto phones, how much you can afford, and what level Sprint Premier you'll be at (since they're reducing the new phone discount for Silver members to once every 2 years now). I haven't even looked at my formerly-overclocked TP2 since getting the Shift, though.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2

mjohnson7 is a n00b

I got rid of my tp2 for a shift and I have 0 regrets. No more freezing and it runs so smoothy. I honestly haven't even thought about my tp since.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G